Wild Bunch remake....with Will Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Bunch remake....with Will Smith

Will Smith is attached to star in WB's long-in-development remake of THE WILD BUNCH. It will be a modernized version in which a rogue DEA agent assembles a team to rip off a massively wealthy Mexican drug lord.
    A modern remake involving cartels south of the border, the "Wild Bunch" reboot is expected to follow a disgraced D.E.A. agent who assembles a team to go after a Mexican drug lord and his fortune.
    So its another one where they will change the story immensley!!

You can buy the original for cheaper than a night out at the movies watching this forthcoming abomination...I suggest everyone do that!

Sounds more like this has its roots in EXTREME PREJUDICE than anything else. (I always had a soft spot for Hill's sorta remake of THE WILD BUNCH.)
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

He'll probably have everyone survive. *Shart Noise*

Comment

I hate Will Smith. But this Extreme Prejudice remake intreagues me. I hope the supporting cast is top notch, and it goes for a rating of R, but I aint holding my breath....
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
          I hate Will Smith. But this Extreme Prejudice remake intreagues me. I hope the supporting cast is top notch, and it goes for a rating of R, but I aint holding my breath....
          He MIGHT go "R" with this one....

Rumour is that he is pissed with himself for turning down the lead in DJANGO UNCHAINED.....maybe this is his rebound picture!!!

Comment

They really shouldn't use the title THE WILD BUNCH though, as this isn't a remake at all by the sounds of it.

I'm not big on pre-judging a film that's not even been made yet but Smith's involvement and using the iconic title have me leaning to a big PASS.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

YUP.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                They really shouldn't use the title THE WILD BUNCH though, as this isn't a remake at all by the sounds of it.
                From a marketing stand point though, it makes sense. Built in audience.

I'm not big on pre-judging a film that's not even been made yet but Smith's involvement and using the iconic title have me leaning to a big PASS.
                Amen.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will Smith means I will not see it. He was a horrible rapper and and now is a horrible actor.

Comment

It sounds to me more like what they did with Dawn of the Dead - it was that movie in the title only, nothing else, really, apart from a locale or two.

That said, I hate it when they do that. And to remake either TWB or Hill's version in EP - especially with this hack idiot Smith - is just idiotic and pointless.
                    It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

And he's gonna put that little snot-nose kid of his in it somewhere. Mark my words.

No sale. Fuck Will Smith.

Comment

I probably wouldn't care as much if it weren't Will Smith. that guy is just not good in anything.

Comment

Will Smith is straight up douche.

Comment

And a lousy actor to boot!
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Look on the bright side, he will AT LEAST compose and write the end credits song in his own inimitable rap styleee!!

Comment

Working...
                              X