Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man of Tai Chi (Keanu Reeves 2013) trailer

WOW..This surprised me!!

Looks like Keanu has made an OLD SCHOOL fight flick...and not old school like RZA Man With The Golden Fists old school...REAL old school...

Looking forward to this!

I knew his career was in the toilet, but if he plans on slumming it in Hong Kong instead of made for TV-Movies, I am all for it! Go Keanu!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
      I knew his career was in the toilet, but if he plans on slumming it in Hong Kong instead of made for TV-Movies, I am all for it! Go Keanu!
      i reckon he just really wants to make a kick ass fight movie with decent fights with professionals in it ...So he proably thought "where would be the best place to make such a movie?"

Answer..........HONG KONG!!

Saw an interview with him and a new kind of camera he is using to shoot the fights with...He seemed REALLY keen and into it.....and (If you know how well he acts such emotions in movies) you KNOW he was not acting!!!

Comment

When I first read about this I figured there was no way this would be anything but complete crap.

I'm kinda thinking I was wrong. I actually want to see this.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          When I first read about this I figured there was no way this would be anything but complete crap.

I'm kinda thinking I was wrong. I actually want to see this.
          My thoughts exactly.....

Comment

Simon Yam!
            It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Longer alternate trailer has just surfaced.

I don't want to be intrigued by this, but I can't help it. Even if the hyper edited style of the fights in that trailer makes me feel like I'm going to have a seizure.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks good.

Hopefully, those fights are only like that in the trailer...i remember Keanu sayig something liek he was going to let the fights flow like they did in old kung fu moives.....Fingers crossed!

Comment

I really want this to be good.

Comment

Just watched this one.....

It is good.....about 80% in Chinese...Keanu's acting is theweak link here..although he doesnt ask himself to do too much....

You can tell Keanu loves HK movies...The fights in this are (on the whole) well done and well filmed....and build up nicely as the movie goes on...

THE FIGHTS ARE NOT EDITED LIKE IN THE TRAILER...YOU DO GET TO SEE THEM DO THEIR MOVES WITHOUT TOO MUCH CUTTING...ols school stylle..not MTV hyper edited shite!

The story is pretty predictable....and the HK actors (Sam Lee etc arent given much to do...but you dont watch HK moives for acting now do you???)

The main guy is good in his role..and the whole thing really harks back to the good old HK fight movies......and it doesnt go on too long!!

The only thing that spoils it is the ending....bit of a let down on the whole...but you could tell they couldnt resist doing it!!

Overall impresive debut from Keanu the director...Try to resist the urge to hire himself next time as an actor though next time!!LOL!
                    sukebanboy
                    Last edited by sukebanboy; 08-21-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Press release!

"The best martial arts movie since 'The Raid.'”
                      -Jeff Bayer, Movies.com

“Magnetic, engaging and badass.”
                      - Fred Topel, Crave Online

“We showed up for fights and Reeves delivered.”
                      - Matt Goldberg, Collider

MAN OF TAI CHI

No Rules. No Mercy. Pure Fighting.

Available on Blu-rayâ„¢ and DVD December 10th

Blu-rayâ„¢ and DVD bonus materials include: Feature Commentary with Director/Actor Keanu Reeves and Tiger Chen, and The Making of Man of Tai Chi.

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - Keanu Reeves makes his directorial debut and stars in MAN OF TAI CHI, the explosive martial arts drama that reunites him with legendary Matrix trilogy fight choreographer Yuen Wo Ping and stuntman Tiger Chen. The film will be available on Blu-rayâ„¢ and DVD starting December 10th from Anchor Bay Entertainment and RADiUS-TWC. Pre- book is 11/13/13.

MAN OF TAI CHI was directed by and stars Keanu Reeves (The Matrix trilogy). The film was warmly received at this year's Toronto International Film Festival and Fantastic Fest.

MAN OF TAI CHI Blu-rayâ„¢ and DVD bonus materials include: Feature Commentary with Director/Actor Keanu Reeves and Tiger Chen, and The Making of Man of Tai Chi.

Synopsis:
                      Keanu Reeves stars as the wealthy owner of a Beijing underground fight club who recruits a humble Tai Chi student (Tiger Chen) to his closed-circuit battles. But, when the young man is seduced by money and power, it triggers a war between the Hong Kong police, the world's deadliest combatants, and a peaceful spiritual discipline turned lethal new fighting style.

MAN OF TAI CHI has a running time of 105 minutes and is rated R for violence.

ABOUT RADiUS-TWC:

RADiUS-TWC is the boutique label from the Weinstein Company (TWC) and the first studio division dedicated to both multi-platform VOD and theatrical distribution. Utilizing both traditional and digital media, RADiUS-TWC brings the highest quality films and other specialty entertainment to a wider audience than ever before. Founded and led by Tom Quinn and Jason Janego, the label continues to develop innovative distribution strategies to make marquee content available to consumers where, when and how they want it. The label's inaugural slate included such films as BACHELORETTE (the first multi-platform film to hit #1 on iTunes and the only multi-platform release to ever reach #4 for top Cable VOD performers) and Cannes competition entry ONLY GOD FORGIVES directed by Nicolas Winding Refn and starring Ryan Gosling and Kristen Scott Thomas. Recent releases include: Morgan Neville's audience favorite and the highest grossing documentary of 2013, 20 FEET FROM STARDOM; Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman's LOVELACE; Zachary Heinzerling's CUTIE AND THE BOXER (Sundance U.S. Documentary Directing Award), Jacob Kornbluth's INEQUALITY FOR ALL (Sundance U.S. Documentary Special Jury Award); Jonathan Levine's long awaited horror debut ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE; Stacie Passon's CONCUSSION and Keanu Reeves' directorial debut - MAN OF TAI CHI in which he also stars. In 2014, RADiUS' slate features (among others): BLUE RUIN (winner of the FIPRESCI International Critics Prize at the Cannes Film Festival), Errol Morris' THE UNKNOWN KNOWN, Mike Myers' directorial debut - SUPERMENSCH: THE LEGEND OF SHEP GORDON and Alexandre Aja's HORNS starring Daniel Radcliffe both of which premiered at this year's Toronto.

ABOUT ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT:

Anchor Bay Entertainment is a leading home entertainment company. Anchor Bay acquires and distributes feature films, original television programming including STARZ Original series, children's entertainment, anime (Manga Entertainment), fitness (Anchor Bay Fitness), sports, and other filmed entertainment on DVD and Blu-rayâ„¢ formats. The company has long term distribution agreements in place for select programming with AMC Networks, RADiUS, and The Weinstein Company. Headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, Anchor Bay Entertainment has offices in Troy, MI, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Anchor Bay Entertainment (www.anchorbayentertainment.com) is a Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) business, www.starz.com.

MAN OF TAI CHI BLU-RAY â„¢
                      Street Date: December 10, 2013
                      Pre-book: November 13, 2013
                      Catalog #: BD61282
                      UPC: 013132612829
                      Run time: 105 Minutes
                      Rating: R
                      Language: English, Mandarin and Cantonese Language with English Subtitles, English Subtitles For The Deaf & Hearing Impaired, Spanish Subtitles
                      SRP: $29.99
                      Format: Widescreen Presentation

MAN OF TAI CHI DVD
                      Street Date: December 10, 2013
                      Pre-book: November 13, 2013
                      Catalog #: WC61281
                      UPC: 013132612812
                      Run time: 105 Minutes
                      Rating: R
                      Language: English, Mandarin and Cantonese Language with English Subtitles, English Subtitles For The Deaf & Hearing Impaired, Spanish Subtitles
                      SRP: $24.98
                      Format: Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation

Click image for larger version

Name:	man_of_tai_chi_bd_3d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	344679
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So I rented this. The fights were pretty good I must admit. But Everything else... blech. Horribly clichéd, Keanu Reeves is a really lousy actor, and I am not sure I would even call this film an homage, as it was more of a repetition/ripoff/continuation or whatever of EVERY MARTIAL ARTS MOVIE EVER MADE.

Still the fights were nice. But if you have seen one of these wire-fu films Before, you have seen this one in essence. Meh. Worth a rental but not much more.
                        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
                        X