Filth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filth

Redband trailer has just gone live for this...

...gotta love the poster art! I wonder if that'll actually hang outside theaters?

Click image for larger version

Name:	filth.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	363314

Some interesting people involved in this!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450321/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The novel was written by Irvine "Trainspotting" Welsh....so the potential is there is they do it right.....

Comment

This looks like it could be a hoot!

Comment

Count me in for this! Looks nice!
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I've never read this, although I've read a few of Welsh's books; but my local HMV had a copy for £2 today and I almost bought it. Anyone want to push me in the right direction? Should I go back and buy the book at the weekend?
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            I've never read this, although I've read a few of Welsh's books; but my local HMV had a copy for £2 today and I almost bought it. Anyone want to push me in the right direction? Should I go back and buy the book at the weekend?
            BUY IT!!!

No question if you are a fan of Welsh's other stuff...Especially for 2 quid!!!

Pretty repulsive main character with no redeeming features...but it is Welsh's skill that makes us kind of root for him....

Pretty much a case when the title of the book doesn't QUITE reflect how filthy, depressing, violent and funny the story is!!!!

Comment

Sold! Thanks :)
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

I got a copy years ago as a X-mas present. It is a good book and worth reading.

Comment

There's a new (and very definitely red band) trailer for this up on the Hollywood Reporter website here.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw this tonight, and honestly I thought it was a fantastic picture: sly, subversive, as potent and incendiary as a stick of dynamite, and some odd anachronisms aside (in terms of attitudes and fashions, this seems to be set in the late 1990s, but flat screen televisions abound) still very, very relevant. The whole cast are very, very good, but McAvoy in particular really goes for it, and his performance is a delight of maniacal ticks and desperate laughter.

It's beautifully shot and edited too, and the sound design and use of music is phenomenal.

This probably isn't the best film of the year, but it's definitely one of my favourite.

Comment

This is in my top ten films I've seen this year so far. LOVED it! McAvoy absolutely aces it, best I've seen him so far.
                      Last edited by Jonny; 10-25-2013, 06:25 PM.
                      Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Comment

The book was depressing as all hell. Really. Can't believe they made a film out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          The book was depressing as all hell. Really. Can't believe they made a film out of this.
                          Yeah...but if they told me they were going to make a movie of TRAINSPOTTING back in the day I would have said the same thing.....and that turned out ot be one of my favorite movies ever!!!

Comment

I think I liked this more than Boyle's TRAINSPOTTING adaptation, I have to admit - though I've only seen TRAINSPOTTING once or maybe twice since its cinema release and should really correct that soon.

Some reviews have said that the film softens the ending of the novel - which it kind of does, in a way, but on the other hand I think the film's ending works perfectly fine within the context of the material.

Comment

Yeah, i guess it can be compared to Trainspotting, and that's what I thought the trailer looked like...like Trainspotting. The novel, I thought...the main character...was just such a vile piece of work, there's no way they can do that without putting in a whole lot of humour....well, i think so, anyway. I'll have to see it.

This isn't to say that the book isn't good, because it's fantastic and very well-written. I bought it from a used shop, and gifted it to a friend after I'd finished it. Can't see the day coming where i'll want to read it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X