• Show
Clear All
    Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
    Only Murders In The Building
    Sorta cute and funny show about amateur sleuths trying to solve a murder that occurred in their apartment building.
    It's decent enough but goddamn... Selena Gomez is a terrible actress. TERRIBLE.
    I agree. I thought Selena Gomez was the worst part of the series, especially her voice. She kinda sounds like what a female turtle would sound like in my mind. Potentially a cool female turtle, but still a turtle.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    THE PROWLER (1951) - Every time I watch this I am once again shocked by how frank it is for its time. Creepy cop Van Heflin puts the moves on married woman Evelyn Keyes, gets her pregnant before they get married (and after bumping off her hubby), and then things really go downhill. Easily the most perverse, psycho-sexual noir ever. Fantastic performances from the two leads, as well as the rest of the cast. I love the scene where Heflin forcibly kisses Keyes and she slaps the hell out of him and says, "You're a real cop, you want everything for free!" Would make a great double bill with SHIELD FOR MURDER, another study of the American Dream gone bad.

Leave a comment:

• Spaghetti Monkey

• Spaghetti Monkey
    replied
    Between the Criterion set and Kino, i've upgraded most of Dietrich's 30's films from the old PAL UK DVD's to Blu. Seems like a good time to work through 'em again. Watched MOROCCO this morning. Never was a big Cooper fan, but He's definitely solid in this one, and Dietrich is pure Dietrich. 'What am I bid for my apple?' indeed. 6.5/10

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
    Sorta cute and funny show about amateur sleuths trying to solve a murder that occurred in their apartment building.
    She was so grating that I couldn't make it ten minutes into the first episode.

Leave a comment:

• Nabonga

• Nabonga
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X