No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for Y'ur Height Only - Another one watched with various kids in the family. Everyone dug this, and Weng Weng's nipples were a hit.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• KABEI: OUR MOTHER - Dir. Yoji Yamada (2008)

An utterly captivating & heartfelt film without any sappy saccharine melodrama that I originally feared might weigh it down. It deserves the Criterion or MOC treatment IMHO. :up:

Comment

• INN OF THE DAMNED - Toe-curlingly dull. It has some comedy cues in the score for added 'what the'. Alex Cord usually makes me laugh but doesn't here.

See Alex in the MURDER SHE WROTE episode 'Death Stalks the Big Top' to experience the strangest line deliveries of all time.
        Clive Smith
        noodle doodle
        Last edited by Clive Smith; 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM. Reason: dumb

Comment

• Schoolgirl Report #2 - Last night seemed like a good night for some soft German sexiness and this one delivers that and loads of goofiness too.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• THE PASSENGERS - Jean Louis Trintignant picks up his stepson from boarding school for a drive from Italy to Paris. A black van begins following them and soon is terrorizing the two as they drive along treacherous mountain roads. Good suspense film with some thrilling chase footage. The dangerously disturbed madman bumps off anyone who gets in his way as we slowly learn his motivation. Trintignant and stepson are initially at odds but slowly come to respect one another as they must depend only on themselves - the cops don't seem to take the situation seriously. Excellent tense ending with an emotional payoff. Apparently based on a Dean Koontz novel.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
              INN OF THE DAMNED - Toe-curlingly dull. It has some comedy cues in the score for added 'what the'. Alex Cord usually makes me laugh but doesn't here.

See Alex in the MURDER SHE WROTE episode 'Death Stalks the Big Top' to experience the strangest line deliveries of all time.
              Now I have to check that out. It's the beginning of Season 3, and it is on Netflix streaming, if anyone cares.

Thanks for the tip! I love awkward dialogue delivery.

Comment

• Haven't posted my watches in a few days, so this is going back a little bit:

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: Reasonably satisfying conclusion to the series. Suffered from a major bloat problem, but I really liked Catwoman in this and really dug the opening scene with the mid-air kidnapping.

POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP: A lot of fun. Was kinda slow compared to the others -- didn't really take off until the second half, but had some awesome setpieces and it was great to see Yeoh and Chan together.

DRIVE: Ok, I dug the holy hell out of this one. Probably the best American movie I've seen from the last couple of years.

TOUCHEZ PAS AU GRISBI: Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wished Jeanne Moreau had been in more of it, but that's a minor complaint about a classic. French crime films from the 50's-70's are something I really can't get enough of.
                Apronikoff
                Last edited by Apronikoff; 08-07-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• I watched that new Conan the Barbarian movie last night. Totally meh. Absolutley not as cool as the Arnold vehicle. Some of these new movies seem to have built in Attention Deficit Disorder. They can't seem to concentrate on any one thi...durn new fangled gadgets...you kids stay off of my yard. Ron Perlman will be in just about anything these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                    Now I have to check that out. It's the beginning of Season 3, and it is on Netflix streaming, if anyone cares.

Thanks for the tip! I love awkward dialogue delivery.
                    Then you'll love this. It's especially awesome towards the end.

Comment

• GOD BLESS AMERICA-This one was kind of awkward after the theatre shooting in Colorado. Still a lot of funny moments and definitely not for the easily offended.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Today was the first day of my two-week vacation between the summer and fall semesters. Can't afford to go anywhere, but I started it off right by watching a pair of great movies I hadn't seen yet from two of my all time favorite directors:

A Tale of Springtime (1990; Dir. Eric Rohmer) -- My first impression was that this may end up being one of my favorites of his alongside Pauline at the Beach and My Night at Maud's.

Shivers (1975; Dir. David Cronenberg) -- The only one of his horror films I hadn't gotten around to seeing, and it did not disappoint.

Comment

• Evil Dead: Surprisingly. It still holds up really, really fucking well. The Blu is absolutely amazing too.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• A BRUTAL GAME - a terrific French thriller about a serial child killer who must assume care of his crippled daughter. Nothing really explicit here, it's more a deeply unsettling psychological study of two damaged people. Fantastic performances from the two leads, particularly the daughter.

ATM - this was better than I expected. The central premise is preposterous but if you can get past that it's pretty suspenseful at times.
                            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Got some good stuff in this weekend:

FLY ME -- Fun little Roger Corman quickie.

THE BOSS -- Probably my least favorite of Fernando di Leo's crime films I've seen, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

DEEP END -- Oh man, this was good. One of the best (and most honest) coming-of-age drams I've seen.

MS. 45 -- No idea how this one managed to stay off my radar for so long. I'd heard of it, but it never really occurred to me as something worth the trouble of seeking out until I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago on the Blu-Ray edition of 42nd Street Forever. Glad I did.

NEW TRUE STORY OF A WOMAN CONDEMNED TO HELL -- This is the third entry in the series that Synapse released the first two of (It's really unclear whether this supposed to be a sequel or a remake of the first one). Has a couple of good moments, but the series mostly seems to have run out of steam by this point. The prison torture chamber is pretty hilarious though -- not sure why a prison keeps mannequins around, but I can only imagine that the "Darth Vader as played by Long Dong Silver" vibrator is standard issue in Japanese prisons.

Comment

• Halloween IV. Again.
                                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                                X