No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching Giallo again for some reason. Man, this movie is terrible. It so uninspired and the acting is fuckin' horrendous. I don't get how people dig Brody. He's cartoony at best and like Gonzo come to life at worst. This makes The Card Player look like Hitchcock.

Comment

• I like WARNING SHOT a lot too.

THE WALKING STICK - Pretty good psychological thriller about a young woman with polio who's picked up by a shady artist. They're soon a couple and making plans for the future, but he needs money and just happens to know some gents who could rob her workplace...Samantha Eggar and David Hemmings play well off each other and enliven the story here.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
        I'm watching Giallo again for some reason.
        I still haven't found the time or spirit to watch this. I can't stand watching Brody run through his amateur dramatics level shtick either.

Comment

• Barry, you've made WARNING SHOT sound a bit awesome. I'm biting.

Comment

• WARNING SHOT's charms may be slight, but they're plentiful. I regret not mentioning the pet cemetery finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
              I still haven't found the time or spirit to watch this. I can't stand watching Brody run through his amateur dramatics level shtick either.
              Ditto. I have pretty much given up latter day Argento after MOTHER OF TEARS. Brody just steels my resolve.

Comment

• I started in on MAVERICK Season 1 yesterday. Bret Maverick gets called a maverick in the first episode just in case you were in doubt. The series hits the ground running with confidence tricks, card sharps, deceitful dames and a feedbag full of charm and wit. It's great stuff and I hope the set does well enough to ensure the release of later seasons. Plus it would be nice if the studio would pony up for some extras in the future.

Comment

• Me too, except I'm only one episode down. It ain't wallowing in nostalgia if it's still good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    Ditto. I have pretty much given up latter day Argento after MOTHER OF TEARS. Brody just steels my resolve.
                    MOTHER OF TEARS is the only ARGENTO (save Dracula) that I havent seen since his downward spiral began...and i dont plan on remedying this any time soon!!!

Comment

• CHATO'S LAND - Bronson doesn't say too much in this one - but he does get to set fire to the front of a low-life, scumbag rapist's pants (and not in a slapstick* way)

* see BABY'S DAY OUT for greatest pants-on-fire gag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                        CHATO'S LAND - Bronson doesn't say too much in this one - but he does get to set fire to the front of a low-life, scumbag rapist's pants (and not in a slapstick* way)

* see BABY'S DAY OUT for greatest pants-on-fire gag.
                        Marshall, please remove CHATO'S LAND from the list of rape slapsticks.

Comment

• THE AVENGERS...

yep, finally got around to see it today...and it was worth the wait.....

was worried the characters wouldnt gel together into a coherent story where everyone gets time to do their bit (Raimi's spiderman movies didnt do this so well)....especially as they are quite a diverse bunch in terms of character and powers....but was pleasantly surprised....

Sure, its not gonna win any major scriptwriting awards, with no great surprises...but it was ENTERTAINING..almost a perfect mix of action/character development/story....although of course the bad guys were defeated too easily....

oh..and the HULK stands out in this movie as the best character....they finally nailed his character....little bits like punching THOR or taking his anger out on LOKI were a much needed jolt of humour for his character..and when he is told to "smash" he goes to work...good stuff!....cant wait for them to do a Mark Ruffalo / hulk solo movie if they keep this style..

Also, gotta wonder how they will top it with AVENGERS 2....

Comment

• Apparantly there's a crazy long director's cut in the works for a limited release this summer.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• SAHARA - Bogey vs. nazis. Love this WWII film, the cast is fantastic - in addition to Bogart there's Bruce Bennett, Dan Duryea, J. Carrol Naish (no points if you guessed he plays an Italian), and Lloyd Bridges as a Brit(!). Really cranks up the action and not afraid to off major charactors. One of my favs.

HONDO - The Duke looks good on BD, and it's nice to finally have widescreen edition of this, a fairly neglected Wayne western. This is one of his best too, it has an emotional core in its story of loners who resist trusting anyone.

Comment

• So far this week:
                                Black Samson
                                Back From The Dead(1957)
                                Equinox (69)
                                Murder Mansion
                                White Zombie

Ghost Rider:Spirit Of Vengeance-Having liked the first Ghost Rider I went into this one with some hope. To say Cage goes way over the top is an understatement. The plot was predictable and I was three steps ahead of the cast. A wet fart would be more exciting and scary than this one. Very disappointing.

Mad Doctor Of Market Street
                                Night Caller From Outer Space
                                Rabid
                                X The Unknown
                                Terror In The Haunted House-I've always hated this one but this time around taking it as a psychological drama rather than a horror movie made it work for me. Most viewers will be fast asleep though long before it is over.

Hell's Bloody Devils-Another Al Adamson pistache or piss take with a couple of films blended together that will keep you glued to the screen trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. Nazis, a biker gang, the mob, foreign agents and phoney money tossed into a blender and served up with a small does of titties on the side.The movie does make a little sense but you'd be better served by listening to smooth Sam Sherman's commentary instead of the dialogue reel.

Invisible Dr Mabuse
                                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Working...
                                X