No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hickey & Boggs - Bill Cosby and Robert Culp are both pretty cool in this detective story. It's funny seeing Cosby play anyone but his character on The Cosby Show these days but he's good in the rule. Not as gritty and tough as it should have been but a good potboiler.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Book Of Mormon: A recording is on the torrents, the audio could've been better though. I liked it. Great songs, some funny shit. I'd probably rank it as the number 3 best Matt & Trey Project. And here's how I'd rank their shit:

1: Orgazmo
      2: South Park Movie
      3: Book of Mormon
      4: Cannibal The Musical
      5: Team America
      6: BASEketball
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• "Up in Smoke"

I usually watch this about 4 times a year. But this was the first time I watched it with the commentary. Which is great. But I am wondering why they got Cheech but not Chong for the commentary. Plus the deleted scenes with Harry Dean Stanton are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
          ...I am wondering why they got Cheech but not Chong for the commentary?
          Is there a possibility that Mr. Chong was incarcerated when the commentary was recorded? I know he did around nine months in jail circa 2003/04...
          Or maybe the duo's acrimonious relationship over the better part of twenty years? I read that went their own ways on less than amicable terms in the late eighties.
          Last edited by Mike T; 09-27-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• MAD FOXES: all cock. Great.

THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN: pretty much the same, but mainly balls. The actual heist's not very clever, which lets things down a little and didn't much make me want to read THE GOLDEN FLEECE, but the inverted underworld/upperclass conceit is fun (Jack Hawkins emerges from a manhole in evening dress, proceeds to Rolls), the cast is brilliant, and the satire's blackhearted and brassy. Hawkins and Nigel Patrick stifflipped britmance is great, and Roger Livesey should be issued two suitcases, the number of scenes he steals. No girls allowed!!!

I need to watch some Almodovar now.

Comment

• Deadly Duo - Fun Shaw Brothers/CC offering with David Chiang in the lead. Lots of bloodshed at the end, some wacky fights, cool weapons.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Deadly Duo...
                I swear I've seen this...I swear! Is it the one where one character dies standing up? If so, I definitely watched my IVL disc not that long ago...

Comment

• That's kind of vague, haha, because a lot of characters die. But yeah, there is a scene where a character dies standing up.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's kind of vague, haha, because a lot of characters die. But yeah, there is a scene where a character dies standing up.
                    I didn't want to give away who, for anyone who hasn't seen it. But you know, the human pin-cushion (with arrows) scene. ;)

Comment

• Yep - that's the one.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                        MAD FOXES: all cock. Great.
                        Mad Foxes is one of those movies that makes you feel like you broke your Exploitation Cherry all over again. Now you're a man sir!
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I'm an 18 year old virgin again, and it's my birthday!

Comment

• Conan O'Brien Can't Stop - decent documentary about Conan's time between shows which he spent on the road doing some live performances. Some cool 'man behind the image' moments and some good comedy too.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop - decent documentary about Conan's time between shows which he spent on the road doing some live performances. Some cool 'man behind the image' moments and some good comedy too.
                              I saw him run on his show once. Dude's like 30 feet tall...and 60 feet of that is legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                                I saw him run on his show once. Dude's like 30 feet tall...and 60 feet of that is legs.
                                He is a weird, gangly dude for sure.

I also watched The Ultimate Guide to Dolphins last night. You get to see a dolphin give birth and you get to see dolphins digging around in the dirt on the ocean floor for fish and you get to see big dolphins kicking the asses of little porpises. You also get to see how and why scientists think that dolphins evolved from wolves.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X