Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool dude.

Comment

• I'll have to learn some tricks from him.

Comment

• Captain Knievel.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^^ http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/02/...merica-review/

Werner Herzog's Encounters at the End of the World: Brilliant!
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Color Me Blood Red - the weakst of the 'Blood Trilogy' but still fun. Great lead performance from the kooky painter guy.

Captain America II: Dead Too Soon - Cap takes on Christopher Lee who is horribly miscast as a Hispanic terrorist named Miguel. Stoopid.

The Glory Stompers - a pretty rad biker movie where Dennis Hopper and his gang beat up another biker named Darryl and steal his woman only to decide to sell her into white slavery.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Ogroff The Mad Mutilator: Well, this makes Burial Ground and Devil Story seem well made in comparison.

Comment

• Red to Kill (1994): magnum opus version!

Comment

• Red To Kill is a good one. Check out Run and Kill if you can. I still don't know which films is the sickest but Red To Kill might just edge out.

Comment

• True Legend (aka Beggar Su) - pretty nutty Wushu fantasy story from Yuen Woo-ping with a fun supporting role from Gordon Liu (who is basically playing his Pai Meh character) and hey, Michelle Yeoh is in it too. Rad. The fight scenes are top notch if you can look past the overuse of CGI not just in the backgrounds but with the weapons and combat as well. It's not so well that it's seamless and can be a bid distracting. Sigh. Fun though and Jay Chou as the 'God Of Wushu' is pretty cool.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh and I also finally caught up with The 10th Victim, which is all kinds of awesome. Great cast, great set pieces, some fantastic kill scenes (gotta love the opening sequence's boobie guns!) and more style than any one movie could possibly need all set to a rad soundtrack and filmed with perfectly smooth camerawork. The comedy is surprisingly effective and this is one that I'll definitely be rewatching sooner rather than later. BU's Blu-ray looks awesome.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        ...gotta love the opening sequence's boobie guns!
                        Hello, Austin Powers! ;)

Comment

• I caught that too. It also reminded me of whichever one of the Pink Panther movies it is that features the girl with boobie knives.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike T View Post
                            Just read that now, good stuff. I wish Tang's films would get remastered. The old DVDs I have look like ass. Dr. Lamb too, and a lot of other Cat III classics.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Just read that now, good stuff. I wish Tang's films would get remastered. The old DVDs I have look like ass. Dr. Lamb too, and a lot of other Cat III classics.
                              Thank you kind sir! That was review #3 for the film; first one was published in Eastern Heroes in '95, and 2nd one appeared on Sex Gore Mutants circa 2002/2003. I figured it was time to revisit the film for this decade and write another review, haha. The next Cat III review will be Raped by an Angel (which will require some help from my wife in retranslation).

There were a few of the Cat III classics remastered and released in 16:9 version in Germany a few years back. But I don't know if they had English subs or not - I believe most carried the original Cantonese track in addition to a German dub. From memory, titles were: Daughter of Darkness, Red to Kill and Run and Kill (which needed a decent DVD release as the HK disc was authored from an old analogue LD master and looked like poo).

PS: As I recollect regarding Dr. Lamb...I believe there aren't any film elements in existence (in HK, at least) for it anymore. On top of that, and this is the best part, Winson junked their digiBeta master after they pressed their (shoddy) DVDs! Fools...
                              Last edited by Mike T; 09-21-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• The Raven (1963) -- second last of the Corman Poe adaptations I was left to see. All three leads (Price, Karloff & Lorre) are in fine form here, and seem to have been having a lot of fun with this one; being that it's much lighter in tone than all the other Poe films. Amusing AIP debut from Jack Nicholson too. Actually, still surprisingly funny for a fifty year old film! Having seen nearly all of the Corman-Poe films now, excepting The Premature Burial, I can see why they were so well-loved by American genre fans in deference of the Hammer films.

Comment

Working...
                                X