No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried 4-D Witch again and couldn't do it. Too bad...the box copy promised such amazingness. I can't get into silent movies with narration.

Comment

• POLICE ACADEMY. The package for the 1-4 set promises widescreen, but it ain't. Crops down nicely, though. I can't remember if I have the SE somewhere, but I'm not sure I'll bother to look for it. Can't imagine I'd laugh harder.

Bonus points for Toronto locations. I liked Scott Thompson's brief bit at the Canpark, with Frankie Goes to Hollywood playing on his car radio.

6 to go.

Comment

• Carry On Dick (1974) -- this was about the point where the Carry On series started its eventual decline (marking Sid James' last appearance in the series), but there's still quite a bit of fun to be had with the lion's share of the players in the their last collective get-together. Modelled after the folklore surrounding 18th century British highwayman, Dick Turpin, and his repeated failed capture by London lawman Desmond Fancey (Kenneth Williams) there's some fine one-liners and a bevy of buxom background models on show. There's a little bit of Hammer at work in the details too, as James' Turpin masquerades as the local pastor (ala Rev. Syn of Captain Clegg fame) and much of the location filming was done in the famous Black Park. :up:

Comment

• The People Under the Stairs: In my opinion, the 2nd best film by Craven. Really subversive, interesting premise, good acting, and still pretty effective.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Master Of The World - Vincent Prince, Charles Bronson, Richard fucking Harrison and Henry Hull flying around the world in a blimp blowing stuff up in an attempt to stop war. Pretty awesome. Richard Matheson wrote the script based on Jules Verne's books. VERY colorful and almost cartoony in spots. Price's fake facial hair is awesome and Bronson looks adorable in a top hat. Harrison takes his shirt off a lot and the film gets bonus points for its very creative use of stock footage.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks spun last night. I really liked it. How can you not like something that has a midget who likes to feel up corpses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks spun last night. I really liked it. How can you not like something that has a midget who likes to feel up corpses?
                Cinematic Titanic did a pretty good job with this one. That's the only way I've seen it.

Comment

• Oh really? I wasn't aware of that. It's awesome all on its own too.

Comment

• Slaughter Studios

Never had heard of it . But since it was the last thing filmed at Corman's famous studio lot I gave it a watch. Fun time waster.

Comment

• Blue Sunshine - I guess it's kinda goofy and campy and stuff but I dunno, it still freaks me out a little bit. Something about hair falling out like it does in the movie is icky to me. Great movie.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Blood Feast - AWESOME.

2000 Maniacs - Not as AWESOME as Blood Feast but still awesome.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Blood Feast is the only HGL film I can get into. I've tried his other work and they just bore me or they don't make me laugh nearly as much.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Captain America - the 1979 made for TV movie starring Reb Brown of Space Mutiny fame (?) as Steve Rogers, a surfer dude whose dad was in on some secret experiments with an injection serum called Flag. Steve drives around in a van then winds up getting his ass kicked so they inject him with it to save his life. Before you know it he's got a rocket propelled motorbike and a semi-clear plastic shield that he can throw at people. He uses the motorbike but can't be bothered with the shield, but he manages to stop a bad guy from detonating a nuke near LA. Pretty awful.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Does Reb scream at all in it?

Comment

• No, but he throws some frozen meat at some bad guys and makes out with a chick on the beach.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X