No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I don't think you should remove your comments, I don't care about stuff like that and am not taking offense, just stating my side of the case is all.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      I have the Strand DVD and have been putting it off. I don't know why. I need more kidney catheter drainage movies in my life.
      I may have oversold the excitement of it.

It took me a while to get into the mood to watch it: I waited til I had the right void. His movies are easy to look away from. Morning calm & quiet worked well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Oh I don't think you should remove your comments, I don't care about stuff like that and am not taking offense, just stating my side of the case is all.
        And, just for the record, no I don't really care about spoilers. Of course, I am an exception rather than a rule... :p

Comment

• Maniac Cop... and it looks pretty damn good.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• But how does it sound? Did Don and crew port over a lossless variant of that DTS-ES 6.1 track from the DVD?

Comment

• DTS-HD tracks in 6.1, 4.0 and 2.0 and they sound just fine. Full review up in an hour or so.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I will stay up late especially...

Comment

• Watched The Child last night. Not what I was hoping. I thought it was going to be a demon child movie. Instead it was a half-assed zombie movie.

Comment

• The Incredible Melting Man - this movie is still awesome. And gooey. Really gooey.

Ramones: End Of The Century - it's kinda sad and kinda funny at the same time. I forgot Dee Dee put out a horrible hip hop album and this reminded me that he did and that I should get it, so I did, and now I have it and my life is just that much more complete.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Superman: The Movie (1978) -- for the first time in almost thirty years...I revisited this one. And it's still a great film - amazingly rich in texture, beautifully shot and scored, and well written (by Mario Puzo, no less) and acted. Two and a half hours flew by. Now, for the next step: upgrade to HiDef.

Comment

• All the Boys Love Mandy Lane: Amazing modern slasher. Highly recommended.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Primitive London (1965) -- fairly entertaining tour of London circa '65 that focuses on social groups and strip-clubs. Amazing quality BD from BFI.

Primal (2010) -- highly entertaining Aussie bushland horror flick, with one of the funniest (really coarse) final lines I've seen for a while. Really enjoyed it (though most probably won't).

Comment

• I tried watching Psyched Out By the 4-D Witch, but fell asleep. All I remember is the horrible theme song and now I can't get it to leave my brainpan.

Comment

• Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator - mediocre documentary about the WWE star that didn't feature nearly enough biographical information and focused too much on him yapping about being a WWE star. Cowboy Bob Orton should have got more screen time because he's rad.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• X-Men First Class - Entertaining enough. I liked the way the relationship between Magneto and Xavier developed and Logan's cameo made me laugh. Some questionable CGI and some really effective CGI. A bit longer than maybe it needed to be and a little obvious in its message (Really? Talking about mutant/human relations in front of the Lincoln Memorial?) but I had fun with it.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X