No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tolerance for men talking at each other is required. Also helps if you're not a cat person. Sam Neill, man.

Comment

• Bigbug: I wouldn't usually have watched this as I uniformly despise all Jeunet films. However they are, usually, masterpieces of design. I'm getting back into designing my scifi film that got Covid cancelled a couple years ago and how can you past a similarly themed Jeunet film for design inspo?

The film is unbearable. That quirky, meaningless stuff you expect from Jeunet. I hate quirky... What a great looking film though. Magnificent design. I'll be stealing freely from this. Found it funny that while I'm watching this for design inspo I spotted that he's using some of the same models in his cityscapping that I've been modelling in for the last week. When you get into 3d work it's amazing how often you see the same models being used from film to film. There's one set of buildings in particular that I find popping up everywhere.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre-2022-Netflix

Got up this morning and Dad wanted to watch it. It's ok. Being a huge TCM nut I caught all kinds of stuff that doesn't work. But it was better than Next Gen and that newer film named Leatherface.

The Paw Patrol Movie-Paramount Plus

I jokingly put this on,to entertain my dog Maggot Ass,while I was prepping dinner. Ended up watching it and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Race for your Life charlie Brown-Paramount Plus

Saw this as a kid in a theater. After Paw Patrol was looking for something to watch while I made signs for the Impact tapings. Love this movie so much. Just pure fun.

Comment

• Teen Witch, goofy as hell and very 80s but pretty fun.

Comment

• Wendigo/Frostbiter (1995) Big dumb low budget flick about an evil spirit. As low budget and amateurish as it is, they pull off some cool stuff at times. I like it more than i should. 6/10

Comment

• The Power of the Dog - I wanted to watch at least a few of the Oscar-nominated films, so I gave this a look. It didn't blow me away, but it's interesting and its themes are nicely understated. I was expecting a bit more, but I guess it's worth seeing if you can take the slow pace. Cumberbatch is very good in it.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                The film is unbearable.
                Sorry, Dom.

Comment

• Short Cuts - This remains one of the best films ever made. I've seen it several times and it never fails to be completely engrossing.

Comment

• Martin Dolman/Sergio Martino double...

Hands of Steel (1986) - Daniel Greene is a cyborg trained by an evil corporation to be an assassin, but his humanity breaks through and he goes on the run. I never have really liked this one too terribly much, and watching the Code Red Blu didn't change that unfortunately. Even John Saxon doesn't help things out much, though i can't help wondering if it would have been a bit better with Mark Gregory in the title role. 4.5/10

American Rickshaw/American Tiger (1989) - Mitch Gaylord gets caught up in a supernatural battle between good and evil. Daniel Green is back as a heavy for the evil side, which features Donald Pleasance as the head evil dude. Objectively, this isn't that much better than HoS, but i find it to be a heckuva lot more fun. The Cauldron Blu is a huge step up from the old VHS. 6.5/10

Comment

• Death Warmed Up - Alright, does some interesting things and has a nice early 80s punk look but just didn't grab me.

Death Wish 3 - I saw one of the later DW sequels and the first 30 minutes bored me so I never checked them out beyond that until now. This is one strange, cartoonish film, fun, couldn't be more different than the grim and intense first film.

Comment

• Poltergeist III - Carol Anne..... Carol Anne.........CAROL ANNE!......Carol Anne. I hadn't seen this since the VHS came out and had completely forgotten about the amount of times the name "Carol Anne" is called out. Fortunately, someone counted: 121 times during the movie. What the hell was Gary Sherman thinking? The only other comments I have are: PG-13 used to mean something in the '80s and you could get away with some fairly scary/graphic images that would get an instant R today, plus Tom Skerritt looks funny when he's trying to act scared. Great actor, but not very convincing running from ghosts.

Comment

• nothing but trouble (1991)

seems like I always forget how bad this really is, right after watching it. I saw this two times as a kid on tv and despised it, 5 or 6 years ago I watched a murky dvd-rip to refresh my memory and hated it, now I watched the new shout! blu-ray and ... it's still a trainwreck! but hey, tupac shakur, a cute demi moore and the production design is ridiculously good. I'll probably watch it again in 5 years ...
                          killer must kill again
                          Last edited by killer must kill again; 02-20-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Seven Shawls of Yellow Silk. Nice Giallo known internationally with the dumb title, Crimes of the Black Cat.
                            Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

• ^Heheh, the Dagored DVD was non-anamorphic, ran at PAL speed, and was @ 4 minutes shorter than the Cauldron Blu, but it did have the Italo titles...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seven Shawls (2).jpg
Views:	244
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	387651

Comment

• Ghostbusters: Afterlife - This was a pretty empty experience. It's a very mild, somewhat dull movie for the first two thirds and then it becomes almost embarrassingly bad for the remainder. Also, where were the ghosts? There was hardly any paranormal action at all and not even the slightest attempt at being scary. I realize the first movie isn't scary now, but when I was a little kid the library ghost, the dogs and the climax scared the shit out of me! There's nothing here that would scare a 4-year-old, it plays way too safe and polite. Say what you will about '80s blockbusters, but at least guys like Spielberg weren't afraid to scare kids and piss off parents. The original was 105 minutes. This one is 124 minutes.

Scream (2022) - I didn't really want to see this but was really bored. It's..... pretty much what you'd expect from a SCREAM movie. I know it's all about the characters being aware of slasher cliches but this one goes into overdrive, to the point where I wanted everyone to just shut the fuck up. It was kinda cool to see this fifth movie in the theater (my first since part 2) and a bit sad to realize that it's been 26 years since I saw the original in the theater (with my parents, no less!). Other than the nostalgia factor, I couldn't wait for it to end. It's 114 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X