No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday it was nasty outside so to keep my father entertained we did a Terminator marathon.

2-Never cared for this one. But he loves it and it was on Netflix.
    3-Now this one I love. But that is mostly for the ending. Dad liked it,also this was on Netflix.
    4-I somehow had never seen this one. Not bad,Dad liked it a lot. On Netflix.
    5-Haven't seen this one since it hit home video. Not great but not bad. Dad was confused. This is on PlutoTV
    6-We all watched this in 2020 right when the lockdown started. I enjoyed it,Dad enjoyed it. This is on Hulu.

It is suppose to be rainy and cold again on Thursday. So gonna watch the first film,off a Blu ray I own. And then start the 2 season tv show.

Comment

• Only Murders In The Building
      Sorta cute and funny show about amateur sleuths trying to solve a murder that occurred in their apartment building.
      It's decent enough but goddamn... Selena Gomez is a terrible actress. TERRIBLE.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
        Only Murders In The Building
        Sorta cute and funny show about amateur sleuths trying to solve a murder that occurred in their apartment building.
        She was so grating that I couldn't make it ten minutes into the first episode.

Comment

• Between the Criterion set and Kino, i've upgraded most of Dietrich's 30's films from the old PAL UK DVD's to Blu. Seems like a good time to work through 'em again. Watched MOROCCO this morning. Never was a big Cooper fan, but He's definitely solid in this one, and Dietrich is pure Dietrich. 'What am I bid for my apple?' indeed. 6.5/10

Comment

• THE PROWLER (1951) - Every time I watch this I am once again shocked by how frank it is for its time. Creepy cop Van Heflin puts the moves on married woman Evelyn Keyes, gets her pregnant before they get married (and after bumping off her hubby), and then things really go downhill. Easily the most perverse, psycho-sexual noir ever. Fantastic performances from the two leads, as well as the rest of the cast. I love the scene where Heflin forcibly kisses Keyes and she slaps the hell out of him and says, "You're a real cop, you want everything for free!" Would make a great double bill with SHIELD FOR MURDER, another study of the American Dream gone bad.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Only Murders In The Building
              I agree. I thought Selena Gomez was the worst part of the series, especially her voice. She kinda sounds like what a female turtle would sound like in my mind. Potentially a cool female turtle, but still a turtle.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• the scary of sixty-first (2021)

hilariously bad, but you have to give them credit for exploiting the epstein case in every tasteless way possible. I really hope the academy will hand out an honorary award for best pussy rubbing in a motion picture this year, the lead actress really deserves it. the scene where she's frantically masturbating up against a door on the steps of a building allegedly belonging to epstein, was completely batshit insane and made me laugh really hard!

extra credit for the last scene, where one of the lead actresses (who also happens to be the director/writer of this movie) is frantically trying to explain to the dorky boyfriend what just had happened and he is basically calling her a retarded cunt ("get some mental help").

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

She was so grating that I couldn't make it ten minutes into the first episode.
                  It got better towards the end but yeesh. In comparison to Steve Martin it's night and day. Martin Short was pure flamboyant camp so I guess he nailed it too.

I agree. I thought Selena Gomez was the worst part of the series, especially her voice. She kinda sounds like what a female turtle would sound like in my mind. Potentially a cool female turtle, but still a turtle.
                  I'm curious. Why a turtle? :-)

Crime Scene:The Times Square Killer

Tons of neat 42nd street footage. It's a little short at only 3 eps but still interesting.
                  Creepy dude that Cottingham guy. The daughter of one of the victims who spends lots
                  of time with him in prison seems a bit off. And today I read an article that said she thinks
                  he might be her dad. Weird.

Nabonga
                  Last edited by Nabonga; 01-18-2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Another nasty cold wet day.

Vacation Friends-Comedy made for Hulu with John Cena. It is odd when he was wrestling I didn't care for Cena. But as an actor he is decent.

And now we got on the Joe Bob airing of Gator Bait. Figured Dad would enjoy some Claudia Jennings
                    Newt Cox
                    Last edited by Newt Cox; 01-21-2022, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Roman Holiday

Perfect feel good cinema. Sweet, funny and gripping with charming actors all around. I love this movie!

Comment

Roman Holiday

Perfect feel good cinema. Sweet, funny and gripping with charming actors all around. I love this movie!
                        That's a great film. Another really charming Hepburn film is CHARADE, with Cary Grant. Very Hitchcock-like.

Watched UNSTOPPABLE, a surprisingly good film with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. Plenty of action and a solid supporting cast. A late return to form for Tony Scott.
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Charade is excellent. Totally agree.

Crisis In Six Scenes

Woody Allen's tv show. It's pretty entertaining. His usual
                          schtick. Well written if nothing else. Miley Cyrus plays the
                          most irritating person in the world in this. I liked the running
                          gag of her eating all his food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

That's a great film. Another really charming Hepburn film is CHARADE, with Cary Grant. Very Hitchcock-like.

Watched UNSTOPPABLE, a surprisingly good film with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. Plenty of action and a solid supporting cast. A late return to form for Tony Scott.
                            Unstoppable was surprisingly good, and I say that as a fan of Tony Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

It's been forever and a day since we watched ROMAN HOLIDAY, need to correct that, but we re-watched CHARADE last year and it is fantastic.

Comment

• Eyes of Fire on Shudder

No Way Out on Tubi

Curious Dr. Hump blu

Comment

Working...
                                X