No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinister Squad-2016 or so Asylum mockbuster of Suicide Squad. Instead of DC villains you get Fairy Tale Villains. Bluebeard armed with knives is your Captain Boomerang,Big Bag Wolf is Killer Croc,Pied Piper is Deadshot and Goldilocks welding double gold pistols is your Harley.

I expected total shit. And got something about 5 steps above total shit. Fairly entertaining as something to halfway watch while I clean the house.

Comment

• The Croods 2
      Just as good and fun as the first one. Maybe even better.
      Fucking hilarious with beautiful animation. Totally buying these
      eventually.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION - I'd never seen this before, despite being a fan of most of the L.A. punk/hardcore bands featured (Germs, Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear). Most of the bands act dumb during the interview segments. Darby Crash's girlfriend tells a disturbing story about finding a corpse in their backyard and taking photos with it; Germs do two songs. Not surprisingly, the members of X come off the most intelligent and articulate of the bands (which isn't really saying much). Exene looks super cute and you get to watch John Doe giving people prison tattoos. They do 4 or 5 songs. The highlights for me were the Circle Jerks performing and Fear pissing off the crowd before their set. The interviews with the random punks are terrifying. Awesome fucking documentary.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION - I'd never seen this before, despite being a fan of most of the L.A. punk/hardcore bands featured (Germs, Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear). Most of the bands act dumb during the interview segments. Darby Crash's girlfriend tells a disturbing story about finding a corpse in their backyard and taking photos with it; Germs do two songs. Not surprisingly, the members of X come off the most intelligent and articulate of the bands (which isn't really saying much). Exene looks super cute and you get to watch John Doe giving people prison tattoos. They do 4 or 5 songs. The highlights for me were the Circle Jerks performing and Fear pissing off the crowd before their set. The interviews with the random punks are terrifying. Awesome fucking documentary.
          I saw this the first time when I was 14, it became my video bible for the rest of high school.

Comment

• Cobra Kai - Season 3
            I still love this karate soap opera with all my heart. Best tv in years.

Interrabang
            Very stupid and uneventful sundrenched giallo that makes no sense whatsoever.
            The cast is good however and the locations are nice plus the soundtrack is swinging.
            The ending is a head scratcher. Haydee Politoff sure was a cutie back then.

I, The Jury
            Immensely fun, sleazed up Mike Hammer adaptation with Armand Assante. Loved
            every second of it.
            Nabonga
            Last edited by Nabonga; 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM.
            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Okay I didn't watch this recently but I only just discovered this existed and there's no other obvious place on the board to post this trailer. I'm guessing you guys have all seen it and just been keeping it from me. Wow.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• It just got announced for Blu-ray!

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...ight=kino+cool
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Me and my friends watched that a lot when it first came out. It's been a while but it's pretty funny.

My love for BREAKHEART PASS has finally led me to check out other Alistair MacLean works. Last week I watched GUNS OF THE NAVARONE and WHERE EAGLES DARE. Admittedly I haven't seen many war films, old or new. It's one genre I just haven't dove into. These two films were by far the best I've seen. But I put that onto Alistair MacLean's writing. He has a great sense of adventure and thrills that gets lost in trying to make a more "real" or "accurate" war film. I don't want real. I want an engaging adventure. I have MacLean's WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL up next on standby. The trailer for that looks great, exactly what I'm looking for!

Also this past week on a lark I decided to watch one of the Basil Rathbone / Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes pics and ended up working my way through the whole series. I don't know why I didn't watch these before having loved everything Universal Horror related from the forties and these fit in perfectly with all that. A real joy to watch. Barely an hour long each. Instead of torturing yourself watching 4 hours of Snyder's Batmen vomit try watching 4 of the Sherlock Holmes Universal movies instead. Each one is a full story with an actual plot, sets and acting.
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• I'd post more in this thread but most of what I watch gets reviewed.

That said, last night we watched Deliverance. Alison had never seen it before and my stepson had never heard of it before. Needless to say, they'll never look at Ned Beatty the same way again.

That said, some terrible day for night photography aside, the movie holds up very well. Yeah, you kinda of laugh/cringe at the rape scene because as disturbing as it is, it's become a pop culture joke, but the acting here is all pretty strong, the cinematography and production values are great and there are some insanely tense moments in the film.

I grabbed the Blu-ray a few months ago because it was $5. No regrets!
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      I'd post more in this thread but most of what I watch gets reviewed.

That said, last night we watched Deliverance. Alison had never seen it before and my stepson had never heard of it before. Needless to say, they'll never look at Ned Beatty the same way again.

That said, some terrible day for night photography aside, the movie holds up very well. Yeah, you kinda of laugh/cringe at the rape scene because as disturbing as it is, it's become a pop culture joke, but the acting here is all pretty strong, the cinematography and production values are great and there are some insanely tense moments in the film.

And Thom Yorke plays a mean banjo!
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        And Thom Yorke plays a mean banjo!
                        Ouch!

But yeah.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Me and my friends watched that a lot when it first came out. It's been a while but it's pretty funny.

My love for BREAKHEART PASS has finally led me to check out other Alistair MacLean works. Last week I watched GUNS OF THE NAVARONE and WHERE EAGLES DARE. Admittedly I haven't seen many war films, old or new. It's one genre I just haven't dove into. These two films were by far the best I've seen. But I put that onto Alistair MacLean's writing. He has a great sense of adventure and thrills that gets lost in trying to make a more "real" or "accurate" war film. I don't want real. I want an engaging adventure. I have MacLean's WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL up next on standby. The trailer for that looks great, exactly what I'm looking for!

Also this past week on a lark I decided to watch one of the Basil Rathbone / Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes pics and ended up working my way through the whole series. I don't know why I didn't watch these before having loved everything Universal Horror related from the forties and these fit in perfectly with all that. A real joy to watch. Barely an hour long each. Instead of torturing yourself watching 4 hours of Snyder's Batmen vomit try watching 4 of the Sherlock Holmes Universal movies instead. Each one is a full story with an actual plot, sets and acting.
                          WHERE EAGLES DARE is one of my favorite films period. It's not just a damn fine war film, it's one of the best action movies ever made. Eastwood and Burton are fantastic, and the music score never fails to get my blood pumping. That main theme is just outstanding. Makes you want to go blow something up! The plot is so well constructed - I love the intrigue of the possibility of one of them being a traitor. GUNS OF NAVARONE is top notch as well, great ensemble cast in another grand adventure. I have a real affinity for those "men on a mission" type films - THE DIRTY DOZEN is another.

Love those Rathbone Holmes films! THE SCARLET CLAW is perhaps my favorite, it the one that comes closest to a full on horror film. HOUND OF THE BSASKERVILLES is very close as well. Nigel Bruce can get on my nerves a bit depending on the picture, sometimes he gets too goofy for my tastes. He plays the character very different from the Watson of Doyle's stories and novels. Still adore the series though.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            I'd post more in this thread but most of what I watch gets reviewed.

Dislocated shoulder makes me almost vomit every damn time.

Comment

• Been watching some Naschy (Beast & The Magic Sword, Fury Of The Wolf Man and Exorcism) and am taking a break from The Spy Who Loved Me. Not one of my favorite Bond films, but Caroline Munro looks even more edible in it than usual. Sigh. Her part is dubbed though.
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                                Dislocated shoulder makes me almost vomit every damn time.
                                That's fair.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X