No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Santo vs. La Mujeres Vampiros the other night. Then, just for kicks, I saw for the first time ever; episode # 624 of MST3K "Sampson vs. The Vampire Women". This had me laughing out loud. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the original version, ( I'm into these type of films) but the MST3K version had me in tears.
    "Look out! Don't step on it-it may be Lon Chaney!"

Comment

• I miss the Rise Above Entertainment Lucha Libre movies. No one else really stepped up to the plate with the Mexican wrestler-monster moves once they split.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Your right about that. Some DVD's without subtitles are available if you look around.
        "Look out! Don't step on it-it may be Lon Chaney!"

Comment

• Yeah, I've found some here and there and can follow them easily enough without understanding the Spanish, but it's always more fun when you can understand what they're saying.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• we can add that to our list of movies we are going to dub ourselves. I'm telling you we could make some moolah.

Comment

• I plan to watch Let Me In on On Demand (HD) this weekend.

Comment

• My Heart is that Eternal Rose (1988) - still the greatest HK crime-drama ever made. Watched this for the first time again today in almost twenty years, and can see clearly now why I admired it so much more over the many "classics" of the era. Christopher Doyle's cinematography tells the story as much as Patrick Tam's direction, and the editing rhythm is very closely modelled on Peckinpah's style: freeze-frames used to slow down and/or "stop time", and real-time interspersed with slow-motion for dramatic effect. Truly one of the greats.

Comment

• Love in a Puff (2010) - just an absolute frickin' awesome romantic comedy. Expect a review on the site soon, as I have been generally not tired-all-the-time of late. Ironically, the whole thing revolves around smoking (hence the title) and Hong Kong's public health ordinance that was introduced to help stamp the habit out in the region. What made it so awesome? The whole thing is just so matter-of-fact and down-to-earth, and believable, as it creates a sense of reality out of making the characters average folk, who talk and interact like real people do. No million dollar airheads who drive Porsches that you can't relate to, just regular folks with regular jobs doing regular stuff. The world needs more "regular people" movies.

Comment

• Interplanetary - one of the coolest micro budget/straight to video cheapies I've seen in some time, this one has the right sensability about it to work. It wears its influences on its sleeves but gets the right mix of humor, suspense, action and fun to really work as a throw back to win Sci-Fi/Horror films were fun.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I look forward to winning that disc.

I just watched Uncommon Valor on Netflix streaming. Hadn't seen it in a loooooong time. It still holds up for me in a big way, and I never realized Wings Hauser was a producer so that makes it even better.

Comment

• You have to enter first.

Watched the I Spit remake last night. It's not bad. A little bit less sexually exploitative than the original but no less mean spirited.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh I wrote the script in my head last night and plan to start principal photogrpahy tonight.

Comment

• Beauty on Duty! (2010) -- quite funny comedy loosely based on Miss Congeniality (Ross Chen didn't enjoy it as much as me) with Charlene Choi and Sandra Ng. Louis Fan also stars! Yes, Ricky himself! And he scarcely looked a year older than he did in Story of Ricky, even though he's nearly 40 now! He must have a gnarly self-portrait locked away in an attic somewhere...

No, seriously...check this out! Here's Louis Fan at 18 in Story of Ricky (1991)...

...and here he is at 37 in Beauty on Duty (2010).

Is it just me or does the man hardly appear to have aged a day? Oh, and he's still as buff as ever!
                            Last edited by Mike T; 02-12-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Caught The Time Machine (1960) on TV today, for about the dozenth time. I have a real love of this film, and am sorely disappointed it's not on BD.

Comment

• Last night I drank beer and watched Electric Eel Shock and Guitar Wolf concert DVDs.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X