What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you watching?

My wife is asleep and having a work related dream in which she's telling kids to sit down and be quiet.

This isn't stopping me from watching Cronos on Blu-ray. I'm not a huge G. Del Toro fan but I like this movie. Fucked up fairy tale vibe, Ron Perlman, Mexican character actors, a bit of blood and kind of a weird Jodo-Rainbow Thief thing going on in the visuals.

It's smart, it's got style, it looks amazing in HD, and it's pretty atmospheric.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Just got Comcast at the house, and wouldn't you know it: MY box is the faulty one! Will be swapping it out tomorrow A.M., but last night my bro and I had a "penned by Elmore Leonard" Western double-feature consisting of HOMBRE (which I'd never seen, Richard Boone is the shizzy!) and JOE KIDD (which I hadn't seen in a long while, what a cast of baddies!). You gotta love On Demand!

Comment

That's pretty sweet. I watched Death of a Snowman the other day and am finishing off a review for it - it's not as gleefully trashy as I had hoped but it definitely has its moments.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Finally saw The Town and really enjoyed it - something about nihilistic heist movies that appeals to me...
        It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Watched Salt last night and was surprised I liked it more than I thought I would - Bourne or Shooter meets Telefon. Not great but watchable.

Comment

I just got Salt the other day and kinda threw it in the 'I don't care' pile. It's worth a watch then? I never would have thought Telefon and I liked the Bourne movies and Shooter enough.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, give it a shot - it moves along nicely so Jolie doesn't get too annoying. And it's easy to figure out the plot turns early on but she's actually good as an action star in this. And Liev Schreiber's always good - even if he's in mediocre or crap.

Comment

I watched Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw the other night. Lynda Carter's boobs great...movie dumb...

Comment

Started watching The Five Deadly Venoms today. Need to finish it though.
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I threw in the POLICE ACADEMY SE this morning on DVD and flipped the commentary on. That movie still cracks me up, and it's fun to see Toronto when it was dirty dirty dirty.

Comment

Ressounances - really low budget French film that Synapse put out. Non anamorphic. Really? Guess it was shot that way and honestly the video is lousy, faking it to 16x9 wouldn't have helped. It was shot fast and cheap and it shows. It's got a bit of spirit though. Elements of Tremors and Evil Dead. Some interesting ideas hampered by the lack of funds needed to visualize them. Moderately amusing though.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolando View Post
                        Watched Salt last night and was surprised I liked it more than I thought I would - Bourne or Shooter meets Telefon. Not great but watchable.
                        I finally got to this one last night after letting the Blu-ray sit for awhile. Not bad at all, some really good chase scenes, fun performances, a few cool twists. A good time killer, if not a classic.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Saw that the BR has 3 alternate endings - Did I miss anything?

Comment

I haven't gone through all of them yet to know.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I didn't pay total attention to it, but when it did catch my eye it was decent.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X