No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Crí¨me de la crí¨me AKA Smart Ass French film about students at an elite university for economics who get a little fed up with the fact that the upper class students get all the pussy, so they devise a scheme in where they pay attractive women to come as their dates at various social functions at the school and thus raise their social value which leads to them getting interest from the student girls who where previously uninterested in them.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• And to follow up that quite nice french film, I used my last voucher for online rentals and saw The New Ninja Turtles

Honestly, Michael Bay has regressed so heavily as a director it is embarrasing. 20 minutes in I was sure this was the worst film I have ever seen in my entire life. After seeing all of it, I say it is not the worst film ever, just the worst mainstream Hollywood Movie ever made. I mean nothing in it is well made. Well except the photography. Bay Always has fantastic looking films with nice colours etc. But yeah.... this film was horrible. Made Transformers seem like a masterpiece by comparison. Hell it even made Battleship or Ultraviolet or Aeon Flux seem like good films. I would even go as far as to say that the phantom menace is a good film compared to this.

And yes, it takes a massive shit on the original turtles story.

And yes, the CGI turtles look worse then the 1990 suits and also, shockingly their lip movements are worse in synch with the dialogue then the 90s ones were.
      The Silly Swede
      Last edited by The Silly Swede; 12-06-2014, 06:37 PM.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Watched Zombeavers some nights ago.

Fun schlock with tits and gore. A shame the other chicks
        in the cast didn't pop their tops as well. The intentionally
        lame beaver zombie puppets are a hoot.
        https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Fury (USA, 2014) [DCP] - 3.5/5
          A pretty well made representative of an interesting sub-genre: tank films. It's hardly an original movie, but director Ayer has an eye for depicting action from a more technical perspective, which makes the movie stand out. Brad Pitt is quite good in the lead, as usual (he's got a good mix of Hollywood star charisma, decent acting skills, and a desire to make interesting movies - more than many people give him credit for). The biggest issue is how the film depicts the German solders as mindless kamikazes. The final battle is only believable because everyone wearing a Nazi uniform seems to have a death wish. If you can look past that, it's a pretty good film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
            Watched Zombeavers some nights ago.

Fun schlock with tits and gore. A shame the other chicks
            in the cast didn't pop their tops as well. The intentionally
            lame beaver zombie puppets are a hoot.
            Haha you too??

Good 80's movie throwback...Nice they played it completely straight..no winks to the camera or such shit..funny creatures and lots of bloood

Comment

• Last night I watched:

The Purge
              The Purge: Anarchy
              Houses October Built

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                Haha you too??

Good 80's movie throwback...Nice they played it completely straight..no winks to the camera or such shit..funny creatures and lots of bloood
                Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was perfectly paced as well. No pointless fat added, just goofy mayhem. :up:

Watched Ambushed yesterday. As a die hard Lundgrenade I feel tricked because they sell it on Dolph Lundgren, except he's not in it as much as he should be. Yet I still enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Who knew Randy Coutoure could actually act??!! It was entertaining enough but sad to see Dolph be third banana to a couple of douche bags. Gianni Capaldi my butt! Anyhoo... some good violence and some titties here and there. A decent timewaster on a boring Saturday.
                Nabonga
                Last edited by Nabonga; 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Interstellar (USA, 2014) [Digital Imax] - 4/5
                  A bit silly with its corny "love transcends time and space" stuff where the most exiting science fiction should be, but it is a very entertaining film with some of the year's most epic scenes. Also, some parts resemble the terrific Japanese anime short Voices from a Distant Star which also deals with the topic of aging in space vs. the earth. I'm a bit bummed that I couldn't see a film print of Interstellar, but the digital Imax gave a pretty good ride anyway.

Comment

• Finally watched Spasms. Pretty decent killer snake flick with Oliver Reed. Just needed a little more gore to be memorable.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• In the process of watching through all seasons of Magnum P.I. I'm in the middle of season 2 and it's cozy TV.

Tom Selleck was a complete BOSS back then! Best character's gotta be Higgins though. Perfect viewing for lazy days.

Comment

• Torture Dungeon blu-ray. Painful as promised. I did not make it all the way through in one sitting, as it seems like it has a running time of 8067 minutes.

Followed it up with the recent double feature dvd from CR with AMUCK! (Maniac Mansion). I had never seen this sleaze masterpiece before, and it was awesome. Beautiful ladies! Colors are a bit faded and lean to brown and green, but the skin tones are almost accurate. Print is slightly beat up, but IMHO it adds to the charm.
                        paul h.
                        woly boly
                        Last edited by paul h.; 01-11-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Guardians of the Galaxy (USA, 2014) [Aircraft] - 1.5/5
                          An incredibly boring comic book flick in which green people fight blue people in the middle of 15 000 CGI effects and one normal looking dude. Some amusing humour keeps it from becoming a complete snooze fest. Ok, maybe superhero movies are just not my genre. I only like Batman and Rapeman anyway.

Pulp Fiction (USA, 1994) [BD] - 5/5
                          I hadn't seen this for probably 10 years. Still as amazing as ever. There's been a million copycat flicks since then, but none have used broken chronology as beautifully as this (including Tarantino himself). The same can be said about the perfect balance between cleverness and some sort of movie universe realism enhanced by relatively slow pace, which is also something the followers usually failed at. The only thing that didn't quite live up to my memories was the soundtrack, which has some brilliant moments but pales in comparison to Jackie Brown.

Comment

• Body Snatchers (Abel Ferrara, 1993) - Its a shame that this film was essentially buried by its own studio because its a great example of what can happen when an underground auteur is given a good sized budget. The general direction of the story may be a bit predictable given how well known the general "pod people" story is but Ferrara's build up to when the aliens plan is fully revealed is incredible. There's a great aura of weirdness that surrounds the first 45 minutes or so with the scenes of the pods being harvested out of the water and the constant shots of the blank faces of those already taken over.

Its funny listening to Ferrara talk about how much of a technical nightmare the film was to shoot but the efforts certainly weren't for naught. The scenes of the aliens actually taking over bodies are squirm inducing (excellent tentacle work!) and the films sound design will give a good workout to any system. The scream the aliens let loose to ID those unlike them is piercing.

Its may be worlds apart from the likes of The Driller Killer (1979), Ms. 45 (1981) and The Addiction (1995) but Body Snatchers is wonderfully executed horror/sci-fi with brilliant visual style and a fantastically creepy performance from Meg Tilly.
                            Tom Clark
                            Last edited by Tom Clark; 12-31-2014, 08:08 PM.
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• I think Body Snatchers was the first time I ever saw bush. It was either that or Predator 2.

Good film. Another solid remake of note.

Comment

• Was going to have a marathon of Twilight Zone episodes but switched gears and doing a marathon of Tales from the Crypt, clearly the classier show.

Comment

Working...
                                X