What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii

Got a discount and VOD:ed this for the equivalent of $1.50, which is about $2.75 more then it is worth. Horrendous acting, stupid plot and everthing looks fake and tacky. Paul WS Anderson has done it again!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Polanski's Macbeth. Still brilliant, and that Criterion blu looks stupendous. Best Shakespeare movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
        Pompeii

Got a discount and VOD:ed this for the equivalent of $1.50, which is about $2.75 more then it is worth. Horrendous acting, stupid plot and everthing looks fake and tacky. Paul WS Anderson has done it again!
        At least the guy is consistent!!!

Saw his THREE MUSKETEERS for free on tv the other week so didn't feel so bad turning it off when I could stand no more!

Comment

• The Other (1972) - Damn kids and their psychotic misadventures. Why do people keep breeding? Overall, a well-done and chilling film that might require another viewing sometime.

Witchfinder General (1968) - Conqueror Worm? There are no worms that I recall being present here. Just your casual witch burnings. Price doesn't even meet a tequila worm in this picture. Still, there's no losing with Vincent Price and I'll call this one a satisfying watch.

Comment

• Bad Neighbours AKA Neighbors

I really don't get Seth Rogen. At all. Maybe I am not stoned enough to understand his funnyness. I loved Pineapple Express, but that was some years ago now and to be quite honest, I feel Seth Rogen is regressing in quality with every new film. It is like they don't even try to be funny anymore.

Comment

• LAST NIGHT. Toronto, no mean apocalypse. The DVD is crap.

DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY. A+

Comment

• I just can't help myself and decided to watch Ebola Syndrome again...
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Thor: the Dark World. Hey, it got kinda crazy in the the ending fight part. Not bad...pretty comic bookish. I liked it, not quite as much as Captain America: Winter Soldier, but close. The pacing and writing is getting better, it seems. Fairly tight direction by Alan Taylor.

Comment

• Stalingrad Not the german one from 1993 which is insanely good, but a new Russian one from last year. I was very sceptical at first but it grew on me. Strange Visual style at first that fades out a bit as the film progresses. It was all right I feel, though I probably will never see it again.

Comment

• Gutshot Straight Rounded off the evening with a Vegas themed B-Movie. I wont explain the plot as it was nothing new (gambling, debts, bets, werid people), but it had the guy from CSI that is not William Petersen that I've never seen in anything else, ever, Vinnie Jones as a thug, Steven Seagal as a mafioso, some good character actors and finally Tia Carrere in one scene which serves no purpose for the plot. Not enough Steven IMO, but still not quite as horrible as I imagined it.

Comment

• Raw Force...Vinegar Syndrome blu. This is my favorite blu purchase since Miami Connection.

Comment

• Locke Tom Hardy, alone in a car, talking on the phone, sorting shit out. Fantastic actually, much to my surprise.

Comment

• GENERATION IRON

Kinda follow up to Arnie's PUMPING IRON (same writer director) follows some competitors for the Mr Olympia title.

Now, I am NOT a bodybuilding fan, nor did I really want to watch this documentry but I am glad I did....a great doc on a range of people and atittudes to life is shown as much as the bodybuilding.....goes on MAYBE a little too long, but I enjoyed it....There is one competitor head and shoulders above the rest..but he is not necessarily the best bodybuilder....Also, watch for the scene that could NOT have been scripted but has a very karmic ending...

Comment

• Freefall

1994 Eric Roberts/Jeff Fahey "actioner". Found VHS at a second hand store. Expected it to suck, it was beyond sucking. A Baboon on crack could have written a more plausible script.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                                Freefall

1994 Eric Roberts/Jeff Fahey "actioner". Found VHS at a second hand store. Expected it to suck, it was beyond sucking. A Baboon on crack could have written a more plausible script.
                                Haha..you certainly do take unnecessary risks with your movie watching Swede!!!

I think I saw this one many years ago when I worked in a video store...couldnt never resist a c-grade Eric Roberts movie!!

Comment

Working...
                                X