No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODD THOMAS (Stephen Sommers, 2013). I thought I'd read at least the first of the Dean Koontz books this is based on, but turns out I was thinking of Fear Nothing. Koontz is like that, for me, but sometimes, wandering in the desert, there're only Dean Koontz books in the drugstore rack: his writing leaves no real traces, just an unsatisfied emptiness and an aftertaste that makes me want to spit. It's like drinking your own urine to survive. The movie's way better than a Dean Koontz novel.

WITHOUT WARNING (Greydon Clark, 1980). A+. The blu-ray's a treat.

DREDD (Pete Travis, 2012). Huh. Alex Garland was a good choice to script this. Want to see EX MACHINA now.

EDGE OF TOMORROW (Doug Liman, 2014). Thought I'd better catch this in a theatre. Damnedest remake of THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY. Tom Cruise is no James Garner, I'll say that.

Comment

• I was watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer serial, I appreciate spike who acted well an important role and i really appreciate his costume which he wore in the serial i have seen this costume at many online stores but i got it from Famous Jackets, after this i praise this serial story it's too nice.

Comment

• Just watched The Lady from Shanghai via VHS on my wife's tiny old TV, which I just pulled out of storage. I bought a VCR recently at the state surplus store for a dollar. It had no dust inside when you open the pod bay door. Now sorting through old cartoon compilations that I amassed off of cable tv many many moons ago. Next up, the Magnum VHS of Wicker Man...it has the going to church part at the beginning...so it's the long version?
        paul h.
        woly boly
        Last edited by paul h.; 09-22-2014, 11:26 PM. Reason: make type like caveman. ugh.

Comment

• I picture you typing that on this.

How did you get such long lines?

Comment

• No matter how long the line is, there's always a seat at the cafeteria.

Comment

• I'm not seeing what you're seeing, I guess. Let's trade places.

Comment

• Sorry, old hardware joke.

Commodores had a 40 characters per line
                limit (later upped to 80). So text wrapped in
                short columns.

On BBSs, you could spot people with old
                computers.

Comment

• Don't be sorry. I just didn't realize that my text was wrapping funny.

Comment

• VIOLENT ROAD (1958) - An early entry in the WAGES OF FEAR-influenced category, this one's low budgeted but really well done. Tough guy Brian Keith has to recruit some drivers to help him transport volatile rocket fuel across rough back roads. One bad bump and BOOM! We get the backstory on each of the characters - the fading war hero hoping for one more grab at glory, the impulsive kid who needs the cash so his lush older brother can go dry out, the bitter, unhinged scientist whose family was killed in an earlier fuel explosion, etc. Fairly well done too, and the expected tense driving scenes don't disappoint. Plus, you get a great bit where a guy jump kicks a falling boulder out of the trucks' path. Good stuff.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• PHANTASM. This just gets better. Current favourite dialogue moment: "You gotta be shittin' me, man. That mother's strong."

I know, I watched it too early. This halloween I will show PHANTASM II, freeing up half of the tvs for other stuff.

Comment

• What are you watching?

PHANTASM's a very sweet film. I think everything in it works - even 'fingerfly', if you're in the right gear.

Comment

• Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
                          Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (the '90s flick with Robert De Niro)

So far, my Halloween movie madness is off to a rough start as these are the only horror flicks I've watched.

Comment

• Not seen HENRY for years...Does it still hold up well??

Comment

• Ha, HENRY's in my watch pile, too. Year of the Rooker.

JOHN CARPENTER'S THE THING. I remain confused by the logic where they SPOILER blow everything up, but it's a strategy I'm familiar with and you can't argue with results.

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                                Not seen HENRY for years...Does it still hold up well??
                                I think it's a great movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X