No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legion: Exorcist 3 (fan-edit). Definite improvement over the theatrical cut.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      Legion: Exorcist 3 (fan-edit). Definite improvement over the theatrical cut.
      REALLY??

I must give this a watch then because , apart from the tacked on ending, I liked this film a lot!

Comment

• Cheap Thrills. I kinda' liked it.

Comment

• Quatermass
          Kate Bush Christmas Special

1979 uktv orgy

Comment

• Lisa And The Devil
            Very atmospheric and cool film. Beautifully shot, creepy, well acted. After watching it I hadn't the faintest idea what was going on. Had to go online to read some explanations and having done that as well as pondering what I saw it makes for a really wonderful film. Very understandable though how they couldn't secure distribution. With the circumstances in mind I actually didn't dislike the House Of Exorcism cut. It's decent for what it is. It is a business after all as Leone explains in the commentary. It's nice to have both versions in one package for comparison. Both have their merits but Lisa And The Devil is the superior film of course.
            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Doc of the Dead. Pretty good. It doesn't cover new ground and I didn't like how it ignored Fulci but it was fun.

World War Z. It was decent.

Comment

• Sugar Cookies...now this is why I bought a blu-ray player. The "small publishers" are the ones that make me the most pleased going blu.

Comment

• Der Mann Mit Dem Glasauge
                  Late 60's German Edgar Wallace Krimi. I had so much fun watching this film. The colors POP,
                  the women are all super gorgeous, Horst Tappert is a boss and the film has both nudity and some
                  suprisingly harsh bloody violence. The blood's so red it looks like house paint. There's also a humorous
                  streak running throughout the film. While it's cheesy it doesn't hurt the film. It just adds to the fun.
                  I'd totally buy this if there was an English friendly Blu. This would really benefit from a Blu-Ray restoration.
                  Also, Ewa Strí¶mberg pops up in a minor part (pre-Vampyros Lesbos) and looks bloody fantastic.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• WATERWORLD (it was on tv)

Much maligned that isnt actually that bad...A touch too long and has a few plodding bits in the middle.....but HOPPER and the action stunts raise the movie up a few points...

A bit more judicious editing and it would have been better.......

Comment

• Cuban Fury. The fat one from the Shaun of the Dead duo as a Salsa dancer. Meh. To many comedies now only develop "funny" concepts and don't bother with an actual funny plot.
                      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• WORLD FOR RANSOM (Robert Aldrich, 1954). Set in Majipoor (well, Singapore) during the Cold War, Dan Duryea stars as a soldier of fortune bogarting an old flame and trying to help out the old chum she married. The noirish espionage is pretty thin stuff, but an effort is made: Duryea sports a tropical white linen suit and panama to start, and ends up in a trenchcoat, though he steals a silk shirt before the great swashbuckling climactic jungle combat assault. It's great seeing Duryea as the lead, and the performances are tv-guest-star fineness: Patric Knowles relishes his weak upper lip with a twisted sense of honour, and Marian Carr (on her way to KISS ME DEADLY) sells it as the icy flame. Nigel Bruce appears as the voice of British colonialism. Apparently this was a feature regroove of Dan Duryea's excellent-sounding tv series CHINA SMITH, which I now want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                          Cuban Fury. The fat one from the Shaun of the Dead duo as a Salsa dancer. Meh. To many comedies now only develop "funny" concepts and don't bother with an actual funny plot.

Thought so....another one joke movie....

Comment

• Finally got around to seeing Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear.

Scott Adkins = awesome. Fight scenes = top notch. Plot = yeah, no.

5 out of 5 toasters!

Comment

• The plot is right there in the title Swede....NINJA 2...That's all you need to know!

And you forgot to comment on Adkins Japanese language delivery!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post

And you forgot to comment on Adkins Japanese language delivery!!!
                                It sounded authentic to me, but wtf do I know. This is more your area of expertise I would say.

Comment

Working...
                                X