No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole MCU feels alienating to me, like I can't just watch a random one, I have to watch all of them. I'd like to just dip my toe in whenever a particular one interests me, but I'm worried it'll be incomprehensible.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• For what it's worth, the ones I've seen have been fine as stand alones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        I've barely seen any MCU movies (although I have seen the first ANT-MAN) but I'm curious about THOR: RAGNAROK. It looks fun. Is it easy to follow if you haven't been watching all of them?
        I don't think any of the films require pre-knowledge. They all reference each other a lot but it's rarely integral. How you'll go with Ragnarok depends on your tolerence for Watiti. Mines worn thin. To my way of thinking Watiti only has one gag and that is that you take, say, a vampire or a pirate or a god of thunder and then you have them do the dishes in an apron while hey chat about how they haven't done their tax return yet or something similarly mundane. It was funny the first time but that was a long time ago.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          Props to Captain Marvel because it had Samuel L Jackson with a cat. I enjoyed that.
          And hence, the origin of Fury's eye patch.

Comment

• Excellent. Thank you both! I won't feel as intimidated if I want to check one out.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
              I wasn't watching in any sort of order but am I right in thinking that the MCU still hasn't introduced its Thanos replacement? I'm surprised. I would have thought first movie after he was offed they would have shown what's next.
              It'll be Kang in the coming Avengers movies in a few years, just announced at SDCC two weeks ago.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A page back I was talking about The Rescue. Just found the Ron Howard/Virgo Mortensen film on Amazon.

It was obviously inevitable that they would make a film of this story and equally inevitable that Ron Howard would get the directors gig. To be fair he seems the right man for the job. Have to say though, I expected a lot more from the film. The docos a stunning piece of work. As tense and suspenseful as any feature. The film on the other hand is flat. The emotion from the documentary is just not there and, oddly, the drama is actually dialled back from the real thing.

100% skip it and go for the doco on Disney+.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• knock off (1998)

van damme and rob schneider in a heroic bloodshed movie featuring green explosions and a title song by sparks! this was even wackier than double team.
                  glad I can finally cross it from my watchlist, totally worth it! but beware this might induce brain cancer with repeat viewings.

Comment

Working...
                  X