X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's too old to be a millennial.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
      At least it was nice to see something on HBO Max that was not about/aimed at genderfluid millenials.
      are you sure?

7 Trans Easter Eggs in 'The Matrix Resurrections' You Might've Missed

Comment

• Haha! I knew HBO Max would never release something that wasn't woker then WOKE!
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Fascination on Kinocult.com. Kinda amazing to have these once difficult to find Rollin, Franco and Walker films so easily accessible.

Comment

• Kinocult, eh? Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
              Fascination on Kinocult.com. Kinda amazing to have these once difficult to find Rollin, Franco and Walker films so easily accessible.
              I just visited that site and did the free sign up, but looks like I can only currently access four movies on it? Must be a region thing I suppose. Ho hum.

Nice initiative on Kino's part anyway, and I've probably got physical copies of 90% of the movies they presumably have on there anyway, so no worries.
              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

I just visited that site and did the free sign up, but looks like I can only currently access four movies on it? Must be a region thing I suppose. Ho hum.

Nice initiative on Kino's part anyway, and I've probably got physical copies of 90% of the movies they presumably have on there anyway, so no worries.

Yeah that's too bad, in Canada it has loads of their Franco and Rollin films. I have my favourites already but nice to catch up with some that I've missed.
                Randy G
                Last edited by Randy G; 02-13-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

Definitely a region thing. Logging in from Australia I got offered 4 movies as well. Turning on the VPN and setting it to Toronto revealed about a hundred more. Not a massive collection but some nice stuff there.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Sirk's Magnificent Obsession

Comment

• Nightmare Alley (2021) - Loved this. Perhaps Del Toro's best film to date. It's his first film without supernatural or fantasy elements, but it has some moments of extreme violence.

Jackass Forever - It was so fun seeing these guys again. I actually felt a rush of excitement during the opening sequence (which I haven't felt during a film in some time). It was great to see real stunts and danger as opposed to deadening CGI. It's insane that this got an R rating. So many cocks.

Licorice Pizza - It was so satisfying to watch a real movie (like NIGHTMARE ALLEY) on the big screen. This is just a glorious tribute to film, particularly the wonderfully aimless and unpredictable films of the '70s. You never know where it's going and it's just filled with memorable moments.

Bigbug - The latest film from the great Jean-Pierre Jeunet is very entertaining and (of course) wildly imaginative. It's both breezy and involving and is a great example of the kind of sci-fi I love - it's all about the ideas. It's on Netflix and I recommend it to anyone who's sick of seeing nothing but shit blowing up.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Kimi. Soderbergh Hitchcock, David Koepp script. Almost as much fun as Premium Rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Last season of Wentworth.
                          We watched that a few months ago. Was pretty good.

Was stuck at home today since I was sick. Dad had never seen Tropic thunder ,so we watched that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post

We watched that a few months ago. Was pretty good.

Was stuck at home today since I was sick. Dad had never seen Tropic thunder ,so we watched that.
                            I watched that, erm, under the influence of the devil's lettuce awhile back, and I hurt from laughing.

Anyway, yeah, didn't realize the last half of the last season had aired, but actually had to rewatch from the beginning of Season 8 because I couldn't remember anything.

Comment

• DEAN SPANLEY (Toa Fraser, 2008). Dunsany on dogs? Sold. Jeremy Northam, Sam Neill, Bryan Brown, Peter O'Toole. Tokaj-fuelled epigrammatic wittiness, repressed grief and (literally) repressed obituaries. Sorry, Todd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                                DEAN SPANLEY (Toa Fraser, 2008). Dunsany on dogs? Sold. Jeremy Northam, Sam Neill, Bryan Brown, Peter O'Toole. Tokaj-fuelled epigrammatic wittiness, repressed grief and (literally) repressed obituaries. Sorry, Todd.
                                I have a disc of this that's been sitting round for years, I must give it a spin.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X