No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator Bait from the Joe Bob Xmas special last year. Is this out on Blu? What Joe Bob showed looked nice but was 4:3

Comment

• Censor and In the Earth via cable streaming/rental

Comment

• Yeah, I was really excited to see IN THE EARTH show up on Crave. I'll be watching it this weekend.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Two nights ago I fell asleep watching New Nightmare. Holds up pretty well as an early version of the nonsense we're currently dealing with with Matrix Ressurections etc. Weird thing though. I went to sleep intact. In the morning I woke up with blood all over my pillowcase and my ear caked in the stuff. Theres two big scratches across the back of my neck starting inside my ear and extending round to my spine. No explanation for this at all. If it was 4 scratches I'd be seriously concerned.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            Two nights ago I fell asleep watching New Nightmare. Holds up pretty well as an early version of the nonsense we're currently dealing with with Matrix Ressurections etc. Weird thing though. I went to sleep intact. In the morning I woke up with blood all over my pillowcase and my ear caked in the stuff. Theres two big scratches across the back of my neck starting inside my ear and extending round to my spine. No explanation for this at all. If it was 4 scratches I'd be seriously concerned.
            Dom, considering you're in Australia, it was probably some terrifying spider that did that to you.

That, or a dingo mistook you for a baby.

Comment

• Abominable (2006) - REAR WINDOW meets Sasquatch meets College Girls in Peril. Big monkey fun.

Comment

• Silent Madness - The first half is a rather blank 80s slasher spiced up with some amusingly poor performances and dialogue but then the last half hour of the film becomes surprisingly effective, strange and suspenseful with an extended chase sequence.

Comment

• Dishonored (1931) - I'd forgotten how annoying Victor McLaglen is in this one. He goes through the whole film with some sort'a jaw-clenched sneer on his mug. Luckily, Dietrich is enough of a badass as the street-walker turned secret agent X-27 to make it worth watching. 6/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                    Gator Bait from the Joe Bob Xmas special last year. Is this out on Blu? What Joe Bob showed looked nice but was 4:3
                    A few years back, the Sebastians released this one and the sequel on DVD-R in the 4:3 ratio. That's probably what that showing was from. But i don't think there's been a Blu yet. Sure would make a nice double feature.

Comment

• savaged (2013)

tarantino mentioned this flick in one of his gazillion podcast appearances over the last year, when he was asked which new exploitation movies he liked. this was not only good, but exceeded my expectations more than I could've ever imagined! basically this is "I spit on your grave", where the raped chick gets possessed by an ancient spirit of an indian chief warrior. it additionally features some of the most convincing nasty rednecks in recent memory. the ending is insane (and gory), watch it!

Comment

• The Comfort of Strangers (Paul Schrader, 1990). See, this is precisely why I'm hesitant to travel on vacation. I'd also watch a sequel where Richard Ayoade and his choice of companion get the better of Walken and Mirren. Kind of awesome, and in the commentary Schrader points out that it was made with Berlusconi bucks, which just adds to the decadence. Probably a double bill with DON'T LOOK NOW would sink Venice for good.

EDIT: apparently Rizzoli bucks, my mistake, but I guess a bunga's a bunga.
                        Barry M
                        Super Fiend
                        Last edited by Barry M; 02-08-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Last season of Wentworth.

Comment

• The Matrix Ressurections. (It was released on HBO here today)

I mean, I had very very very low expectations. Frankly, I expected it to be horrendously bad. But this was so much worse. Possibly the dumbest film ever made.

At least it was nice to see something on HBO Max that was not about/aimed at genderfluid millenials. That is possibly the only good thing about this viewing experience.
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                              At least it was nice to see something on HBO Max that was not about/aimed at genderfluid millenials.
                              Lana Wachowski looks up.

Comment

• Yeah. I expected it to be very queer. But it wasn't.
                                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
                                X