No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you should write them a letter? Or include a section about it in your manifesto?
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Royal Canadian Mounted Pigs.

Comment

• And now i'm craving Canadian bacon.

Comment

• Two beers in, startin' bar fights by shit-talking Nelson Eddy and Dudley Do-right: the best event in the Canadian olympics, because curling is stupid.

I'm mostly trying to keep up with the Fantasia streaming festival. So far, pretty great. BULL is sweet Brit revenge with Nial Maskell; Wheatley-adjacent without any actual Wheatley. The documentary ALIEN ON STAGE'd cheer anybody up. BEYOND THE INFINITE TWO MINUTES needs some tolerance for the (why is there a ?) timeloop genre, but it's fun. RETURN OF THE BASTARD SWORDSMAN is, yes, more nuts than the first. SEXUAL DRIVE: meh, but freaky meh, so count me in. STRAWBERRY MANSION: oh fuck, and when I woke up my head was gone. TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD final score: zero virgins, sorry Templars. KING KNIGHT: hahahahaaa Paul Casey please watch this. GHOSTING GLORIA: Uruguayan, so there's that; surprisingly rapey. BRAIN FREEZE: why can Canadians never get one thing right about zombies is it so hard?

Comment

• If I'm being honest I love Tim Roth more than I love Canada. That's not taking any love off Canada's shelf, I just enjoy Tim Roth A LOT more. I even paused TIN STAR towards the end to watch the sword fight in ROB ROY on youtube. He's just so damn good. ... I just watched it again. I can't talk about it without watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              If I'm being honest I love Tim Roth more than I love Canada. That's not taking any love off Canada's shelf, I just enjoy Tim Roth A LOT more. I even paused TIN STAR towards the end to watch the sword fight in ROB ROY on youtube. He's just so damn good. ... I just watched it again. I can't talk about it without watching it.

The Corridor Crew did a video on cinematic sword fights the other day. They had an expert swordsman in to offer his thoughts. He was of the opinion that that's cinemas best sword fight.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I don't know why it makes me happy to know that. It certainly feels real. I'll have to check out that video.

Comment

• Canada, skirts up, long hair hanging down, enduring Tim's roth with dignity, then washing him away in the burn.

Okay, maybe not nailing the cop shop details isn't actually that bad.

Comment

• My memories screwed. The bit I was thinking of on the Corridir Crew video they were actually discussing the Duellist. Still they do cover Rob Roy in an earlier vid:

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Ya know, I have still yet to see THE DUELLIST. I need to get on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                        The Corridor Crew did a video on cinematic sword fights the other day. They had an expert swordsman in to offer his thoughts. He was of the opinion that that's cinemas best sword fight.
                        It definitely has an un-theatrical authenticity to it. It actually looks like two guys trying to kill each other, and not a choreographed show.

Comment

• Just winding down a fantastic day here. Went tubing at Harper's Ferry first thing this morning. Then hit up a local Comic Shop for some bargains on FCBD. Then we packed the cooler and harnessed Miss Lilah in the back of the ol' Jeep and trekked 60 miles down to Bengie's Drive-In in Baltimore, to catch SUICIDE SQUAD. Big, loud, dumb, obnoxious, popcorn fun. Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, Daniela Melchior and David Dastmalchian were all great. Viola Davis and Joel Kinnamon were solid. Michael Rooker had a small but solid part. Starro was big monkey fun, and even John Cena was kind'a funny. It's been so long, i'm not quite certain, but i think i liked this one a hair more than the first. 6.5/10

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bengie's Suicide Squad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	360446

Comment

• Sounds like a swell day!

Comment

• Probably the best day of the summer, for this year anyhoo.

Comment

• Drive-ins sounding like a great idea again.

Fantasiafestin':

Fantastic animation THE SPINE OF NIGHT starts off like FIRE & ICE bakshiche but gets better as it goes, and the last third is pretty great. Philip Gelatt and Morgan Galen King wrote & directed.

THE LAST THING MARY SAW is a bit VVITCHy, but I dug it. Dirty book wooducts, puritans vs lesbians, poison, and blackfinger. Also, it has a Culkin.

Had to bail on MILL OF THE STONE WOMEN (twice), but it looked fine in the bits I could catch.

STRAIGHT TO VHS is a documentary stalking the lost director of a Uruguayan cult video, which veers into madness trying to capture the spirit of things. It's just the combination of not quite boring and reaching for something that'll hook me sometimes. Not sure I'd recommend it, but it does have a billboard for Ushaia, Capital of the Malvinas, which is a thing to see. (The movie, ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A YOUNG JOURNALIST is screening on demand, too, so I guess I have to see that, too.)

Comment

Working...
                                X