What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
    Bill Maher spoiled the ending on Real Time a couple of weeks ago. Such a dick move, even if it is predictable.
    Does it end like this? 'Cause this is how all vigilante films should end. (For best results, skip to 3:33.)

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
      Does it end like this? 'Cause this is how all vigilante films should end. (For best results, skip to 3:33.)

It should have.

Actually the film that was in my head all the way through this was Ms. 45. It has the same all men are predatory scumbags attitude. The lady in this one is no Angel Of Vengeance though. She's more the Angel Of Giving You A Good Talking to And Making Sure You Understand What A Shitty Human You Are. It's just not the same thing and makes for a much more disappointing viewing experience.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• TALES FROM THE QUADEAD ZONE - One of the all-time worst that has a somewhat undeserved reputation as a so-bad-its-good classic. There's amusing stuff in it but it's hard to enjoy because of the horrendous sound recording (although this aspect adds some laughs as well) and I found a lot of the movie was just frustrating to watch as I struggled to understand the dialogue and kept having to adjust the volume. It has a really sad ending too.

THEY'RE PLAYING WITH FIRE - This started out beautifully and I was really intrigued for the first 45 minutes or so. Unfortunately it becomes convoluted and repetitive. On the plus side, it has a particularly pervy and frequently nude Sybil Danning and a spectacular murder scene where two old ladies get blown away; it's pretty shocking, including one lady's cotton ball hairdo exploding in a shower of gore after she's shot in the back of the head.
        Matt H.
        Last edited by Matt H.; 04-30-2021, 08:53 AM.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Castle of the Walking Dead aka The Blood Demon aka The Torture Chamber of Dr Sadism. Watching the UK Jef Films release but it's all washed out and only 70 mins long (even though the sleeve says it's 81 mins...). Might have to pick this up on Blu Ray as I can see there's a German Disc - not sure if it's any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard C View Post
            Castle of the Walking Dead aka The Blood Demon aka The Torture Chamber of Dr Sadism. Watching the UK Jef Films release but it's all washed out and only 70 mins long (even though the sleeve says it's 81 mins...). Might have to pick this up on Blu Ray as I can see there's a German Disc - not sure if it's any good?
            The version you watched is pretty hacked up. I have the old R2 dvd which is light years beyond that Jef release. This one is also going to be in the Chris Lee box set from Severin either late this month or next month.

I just finished THE IRISHMAN with DeNiro, Pacino and Pesci to name a few. A little too long at 3 and a half hours; could have been cut down by 45 minutes. Still worth a watch for the patient.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• HELL NIGHT - This is a top-notch gothic slasher and nowadays looks like one of the best of the period. Great setting, surprising kills, genuine suspense and there's not a lot of boring wandering-around-looking-for-everybody padding that usually brings slashers to a grinding halt. I even liked Linda Blair in this, which is weird, because I think she's a terrible actress. She was just right in this role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                HELL NIGHT - This is a top-notch gothic slasher and nowadays looks like one of the best of the period. Great setting, surprising kills, genuine suspense and there's not a lot of boring wandering-around-looking-for-everybody padding that usually brings slashers to a grinding halt. I even liked Linda Blair in this, which is weird, because I think she's a terrible actress. She was just right in this role.
                Great film. One of my favorite slashers.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Currently watching alot of Tomas Milian and Maurizio Merli.

Netflix just added a ton of italian films from the 60s, 70s and 80s here. Fantastic! (And I was just about going to end my subscription because of their lack of anything worth watching)
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Point Blank
                    God damn this is an excellent movie. I'd forgotten how perfectly shot and edited it is. Lee Marvin was sooo cool.
                    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Bug. I was a huge fan of killer Joe so I had high expectations for this. Early on they were well met. This doesn't feel at all like a noughties movie made by a guy who's career peaked in the 70s. Feels more like something from a hip new 27 year old in the mid 90s. Very stylish, very fun. After an hour I was still waiting for some kind of character or plot development and none was forthcoming though. Does it go anywhere My? My attention span is getting short in my old age so I switched to:

xXx. I consider this underrated. Not that it's great or anything but it passes the time quite nicely for me. They skate a fine line with this trying to play off the idea of a hip, anarchist, American Bond. It sorta works. The forced cool gets a bit silly at times. It skates very close to being like a Pepsi Max commercial from the early 90s or a Vanilla Ice video (I can totally see X saying 'drop the zero and get with the hero.') But it is kinda fun. Has some decent stunt work. Its fun seeing Argento in a mainstream Hollywood film. The chasing the boat scene though makes no sense at all...

Demon Knight Also criminally underrated. Billy Zane is awesome in this and you've got Dick Miller CCH Pounder, Haden Church. For a made for TV movie it's got a whole bunch of good lines and scenes. The most impressive bit though is that in its 90 minutes it manages to build a whole mythos with very little exposition. Its just good storytelling.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• the rental - decent indie slasher directed by james franco's younger brother. it managed to hold my interest for its entire 90-minute running time but doesn't really bring anything new to the table.
                        even the killer looks almost exactly like the the hammer killer from blood and lace (1971).

sitting target - tarantino recommended this in his latest podcast and he is right... it's a nasty little gem! this might be one of the most brutal british crime thrillers ever made (imho it even tops "get carter"). oliver reed is a ticking time bomb, vicious and antisocial, nobody can stop him carrying out his revenge plot. highly recommended!

Comment

• Also reminds me of TRASH HUMPERS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	art40_film_trashhumpers_300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	359877

Comment

• Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                            the rental - decent indie slasher directed by james franco's younger brother. it managed to hold my interest for its entire 90-minute running time but doesn't really bring anything new to the table.
                            even the killer looks almost exactly like the the hammer killer from blood and lace (1971).

Yeah, this was a decent time killer. I could have done without the soap opera elements - hooking up with his brother's girlfriend - I did get a kick out of the "I'm the Wiz" guy from SEINFELD playing the creepy property manager.
                            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• the creepy property dude was one of the best things about the movie, the fact that he played the wiz in seinfeld makes it even more hilarious!
                              killer must kill again
                              Last edited by killer must kill again; 05-13-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• The Night Stalker (Netflix)
                                I'm on a documentaries/wikipedia serial killer binge lately. Very interesting stuff.
                                Infuriating though how this fucking scumbag had fans and groupies.

Stallone - Frank, that is
                                A Frank Stallone wank fest. Frank is the best. Frank writes the best songs. Frank
                                is great at playing guitar. Frank gets the hottest chicks. Frank's the coolest. Frank's
                                the nicest. Frank's a great actor. Nobody appreciates Frank. Frank can't catch a break.
                                Except for all the work Sly's thrown his way. But it's so hard being in his shadow. And I
                                like Frank Stallone but let's not kid ourselves. He's less famous for a reason. Sly and Arnie
                                cameo for some ass kissing.
                                Nabonga
                                Last edited by Nabonga; 05-20-2021, 07:38 PM.
                                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                                X