What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    It's great fun. Shane Black in top form, but then when isn't he?
    Uhm... Predator 2018 sucked ass. Otherwise the guy's brilliant.

Hap And Leonard Season 1-3
    Nah, this ain't it. Super SJW-baity and a real chore to sit through. Unlikeable characters too. Only good part was the fat cop with the Elvis hair.
    Nabonga
    Last edited by Nabonga; 05-19-2020, 11:48 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
      Nah, this ain't it. Super SJW-baity and a real chore to sit through. Unlikeable characters too. Only good part was the fat cop with the Elvis hair.
      What exactly does SJW-baity mean? It's trying to piss them off or it's trying to please them?
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        What exactly does SJW-baity mean? It's trying to piss them off or it's trying to please them?
        Usually doing the later inevitably leads to the former as they're impossible to please.
        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
          Nah, this ain't it. Super SJW-baity and a real chore to sit through. Unlikeable characters too.
          Hap and Leonard are unlikable?! Aw man, don't say that. I love those characters. That show never clicked though it did get better each season. It's odd 'cause each individual element is grand. The casting in particualar. Somehow it's just nowhere near as fun as the novels. Disappointed it got canned though as it was definitely on the right track.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Stendhale Syndrome. Some fine moments but horribly overlong and it dawned on me that Asia is a terrible actress. Sure, she's hot and apparently like to fuck little boys but she's not a good actress. Still need to watch New Rose Hotel.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Hap and Leonard are unlikable?! Aw man, don't say that. I love those characters. That show never clicked though it did get better each season. It's odd 'cause each individual element is grand. The casting in particualar. Somehow it's just nowhere near as fun as the novels. Disappointed it got canned though as it was definitely on the right track.
              I wasn't much of a fan, but I have to say; if SJW is something you're going to use in your description of the show, not sure why you're watching or reading it in the first place. It's a middle-aged white pacifist draft dodger and a homosexual black man with a violent streak living in Texas. It's not meant to fit into standardized black and white rubrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                I wasn't much of a fan, but I have to say; if SJW is something you're going to use in your description of the show, not sure why you're watching or reading it in the first place. It's a middle-aged white pacifist draft dodger and a homosexual black man with a violent streak living in Texas. It's not meant to fit into standardized black and white rubrics.
                I'd be okay with never having to hear the terms "SJW" or "woke" ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  I'd be okay with never having to hear the terms "SJW" or "woke" ever again.
                  That's problematic for current year.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                    That's problematic for current year.
                    Yikes, Y'all.

Comment

• "Dead Alive" 1992 - Haven't seen it in 15 years. Probably the summit of practical gore effects. Need a blu-ray but I'm worried PJ will ruin it with A) 60 FPS B) A terrible new color timing C) 3D D) A thousand digital tweaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkvader View Post
                        "Dead Alive" 1992 - Haven't seen it in 15 years. Probably the summit of practical gore effects. Need a blu-ray but I'm worried PJ will ruin it with A) 60 FPS B) A terrible new color timing C) 3D D) A thousand digital tweaks.

Comment

• Sucker Punch. What the hell was that? The most interesting thing about this film is it got made at all. I don't know how this film could be pitched and I doubt the script made for a great read. Why was 98 million shelled out for it? Zac Snyder just seems to be given a blank cheque and a lot more creative freedom than he has any right to expect. It's odd that he seems to have been hailed within the Hollywood community as some sort of big budget, maverick auteur. It's feels like an unfounded reputation. After coming out of the gate strong with Dawn Of The Dead and 300 the man has not made a movie that's done well with critics and plenty of them have underperformed at the box office to boot. I get the impression the lower budget of those early films was one of their saving graces. Money gives him the opportunity to do whatever he wants and that's not a good thing. He needs to be kept on the straight and narrow.

I though Batman versus Superman was the lowest he could sink as that was already at Mariana Trench depths but I think he's topped himself here. But hey, both female leads Australian. Don't see that every day. And it's a leg mans dream.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Risky Business. On the other end of the spectrum how awesome is this movie? I've been catching up on 80s teen trash that I somehow missed. So far all very forgettable. Pretty In Pink? It's just Some Kind Of Wonderful with the wrong ending.

RB though totally hit the sweet spot for me. The story is so bizarre that you can't possibly anticipate it, it's tonally all over the shop, Cruise is woefully miscast and it's packed to the brim with that kind of trashy 80s excess that made that decade so special. That moment when Tom is undressing 'Bec and the French doors blow open on their own letting a gale they ignore into the room? I live for that stuff. Boxing Helena gets a spin at least 6 monthly in the house but from now it might find itself a notch further down the rotation.

Best first viewing movie I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• I like RISKY BUSINESS. Have you seen COCKTAIL?
                              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Risky Business. On the other end of the spectrum how awesome is this movie?
                                It's a classic. Tangerine Dream's incredible score really helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X