No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Flesh (1997) - The summer Almodí³varathon continues. Melodramatic soap operatics combined with a brooding, frustrated sexuality, this could be considered Pedro's contribution to the 90's erotic thriller craze. The first Almodí³var film to feature a young Penelope Cruz who plays a small but crucial role in the films prologue. Works just as well as a romantic drama as it does a thriller. The melodrama is laid on thick though there is a standout instance of out of nowhere humor and some of the various twists aimed at the heartstrings do give a good tug, especially those involving Angela Molina who plays a different kind of obscure object of desire. Really extraordinary performance. Sort of an overlooked film from an overall quality year, though perhaps it was inevitable that it was going to be overshadowed by All About My Mother (1999).
    Tom Clark
    Last edited by Tom Clark; 07-04-2019, 07:51 PM.
    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?
      Creepy and unsettling. A little too long but still great filmmaking. Bette Davis was a boss.

Che Fine Ha Fatto Toto Baby/What Ever Happened To Baby Toto?
      Weird but pretty funny Italian spoof on both Baby Jane and Ladykillers. First Toto movie I've seen
      and I do want to see more. It's dated humor (some of it surprisingly mean spirited) but I don't mind
      that. Better that than degenerate moronic Seth Rogen garbage.

Fateful Findings
      Popped my Neil Breen cherry with this one. Wow! If David Lynch was retarded and had ten bucks to work with,
      it might turn out something like this. Really shit but strangely entertaining. Easily 25 minutes too long though.
      I loved the blonde bimbo who yelled all her lines in a stilted way. Lots of laptops and book throwing too which
      cracked me up. I hope Neil keeps on trucking.
      Nabonga
      Last edited by Nabonga; 07-06-2019, 08:00 AM.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post

Fateful Findings
        Popped my Neil Breen cherry with this one. Wow! If David Lynch was retarded and had ten bucks to work with,
        it might turn out something like this. Really shit but strangely entertaining. Easily 25 minutes too long though.
        I loved the blonde bimbo who yelled all her lines in a stilted way. Lots of laptops and book throwing too which
        cracked me up. I hope Neil keeps on trucking.
        You have been marked.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• 8 Heads In A Duffel Bag
          Fun comedy about a mob hitman and his displaced bag of severed heads. Wacky hijinx ensue. Really enjoyed this.

Guilty As Sin
          Not terrible. Just... lacking. Good actors try their best but the running time is felt and towards the end I was losing
          patience rapidly. Don Johnson makes a great sleazebag btw.

The Devil Is A Woman
          Marlene Dietrich is having way too much fun here as a femme fatale. She's great but man what a fucking piece of shit her character is, haha.

Naked Girl Killed In Park
          Mid tier unexceptional giallo. Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. Wouldn't mind a repeat viewing sometime.

Killer Calibre .32
          Decent spaghetti western with the very cool but ill fated Peter Lee Lawrence. It dragged a little in the middle but otherwise good stuff. Pretty funny too.
          Nabonga
          Last edited by Nabonga; 07-08-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Double Impact
            An action movie classic. Supremely entertaining old school manly entertainment. JCVD kicking mofos in the face and sleeping with big titted women in cheesy lighting. Hell yeah! Pretty much peak Van Damme.

The Beast In Heat
            Morally reprehensible nazi sleaze. Naturally a must own title in anyones collection. Macha Magall is a hoot as an Ilsa-ish warden. Deliciously wicked and evil. The unfortunate looking Sal Boris chews pubic hair in close-up with much gusto. Then there's a different, quite melodramatic, film spliced in to fill out the time. Crazy ass stuff. I love it.

Comment

• Uwe Boll's Postal. Better than I remember it. Fun film.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• I'm currently watching the Nicolas Cage disasterpiece Vampire's Kiss, and wondering if I have enough bourbon in the house to make it through. This would be a great double feature with The Room.

Comment

• In A Colt's Shadow
                  Really enjoyable spaghetti western with some good peeps. Helga Liné, Franco Ressel, etc. Lead Stephen Forsyth is ok if a little stiff/bland. A little bit weird looking too. Gunslinger wants to hang up his hat and settle down with his love. Problem is his love is the daughter of the guy who's sworn to kill him if he goes near her. Also, the town he settles in is run by banker scum who have no qualms killing people to get what they want and they find him to be quite the nuisance. Well shot with some excellent music, cool stunts and nicely paced. I'm gonna add this to my physical collection.

The Tracker
                  The latest Dolph Lundgren hokum. Lame but semi watchable. I liked the Italian setting and it was cool to see Karl Landgren of Black Cobra fame play one of the bad guys. Nice locations but as a film pretty poor. Dolph must've fucked up his legs at some point (I know he's said he's had double hip replacements because of all the karate over the years) because he walks, hobbles around in a funny looking way. One shouldn't laugh at that but it looks really silly.

Comment

8 Heads In A Duffel Bag
                    Fun comedy about a mob hitman and his displaced bag of severed heads. Wacky hijinx ensue. Really enjoyed this.
                    Inexplicably underrated. Pesci is so fucking on.
                    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Pesci is always on. Love that dude. Tiny rage perfected.

Joe Dirt
                      Pretty funny.

Joe Dirt 2
                      Not quite as funny. Though I did laugh quite a bit at the balls stuck in the airplane toilet bit.

Comment

Pesci is always on. Love that dude. Tiny rage perfected.
                        You obviously haven't seen GONE FISHIN'.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Correct. I have not. It's on my to watch list though. :-)

Comment

• Good luck!

Prepare for Pesci "goin'" full-retard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Good luck!

Prepare for Pesci "goin'" full-retard.
                              It is absolutely brutal, and one of my mom's favourite movies haha.

Comment

• Yup. There's a reason Pesci went into hiding soon after it's release.

Comment

Working...
                                X