No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite so! And this AWOL-72 was better then the other Goss DTV:er I VOD:ed a couple of weeks ago, The Night Crew. This had more of a plot and less CGI muzzle flashes.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Boyz n the Hood (1991)

**** out of ****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

• Almost Human (2013)

** out of ****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

• Mulberry Street (2006)

*** out of ****

Comment

• Lesson of the Evil (2012)

*** out of ****

Comment

• Countess Dracula (1971)

** out of ****

Comment

• The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)

** out of ****

Comment

• Bound to Vengeance (2015)

*** out of ****

Comment

• HANSEL AND GRETAL: WiTCH HUNTERS 3/5

Managed to completely avoid this one on release..mostly coz I cant stand RENNER...(Tom Cruise school of acting...always plays himself)...I know this was R rated onrelease...but saw a cut cable tv version that cut out most of the violence....was ok but nothing special.....would have done better if aimed at kids I think!

Comment

• Excision (2012)

*** out of ****

Comment

• SOLOMON KANE (Michael Bassett, 2009ish)

I liked this much more second time through. Grim pulp fantasy, only suffers a little from the origin story pudding bowl.

Comment

• That reminds me; I need to pick up the Ramsey Campbell novelisation of this.

Comment

• Mighty Joe Young (1949) - What's not to love about a liquored up gorilla pounding lions to death? Great stop-motion animation by Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen. Not a bad retread of King Kong minus the horny ape aspect.

Comment

• The Brides of Dracula (1960)

*** out of ****

Comment

• BRIDES is probably my favorite Hammer film.

DARK WAS THE NIGHT - This is loosely based on the story of the Wendigo and for most of the time it's very successful. A sheriff and his deputy investigate some savage killings and other strange goings on in their isolated town. Something seems to have come in from the surrounding woods and is stalking the town - and leaving unsettling footprints in the snow. This one plays it low key and slowly builds up the tension, never letting you see more than a quick glimpse of a limb of the creature for most of the time, that's when it really works and I was ready to proclaim a new fav here but unfortunately the filmmakers drop the ball at the end with a lame climax that reveals too much and also let us get a good look at the thing (also leaving the door open for the inevitable sequel), another mistake. Still, this was worth seeing and gets a lot right. Lukas Haas plays the deputy.
                                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                                X