No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-watching Cop Land. I haven't seen it in over 10 years. Pretty good. Stallone and everyone else does a good job. I can't help but feel that it tries a little too hard to be like a Scorsese mob movie. It uses actors who are known for working with Scorsese, it's set in NY/Jersey, and involves shady underground shit and family troubles.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Horrible Bosses 2. Am I going insane or is this film freaking funny? It's a mainstream American comedy- actually worse, a sequel to a mainstream American comedy- that got diabolical reviews from fans as well as critics. Should be borderline unwatchable. And yet we were rolling in the aisles and I would class it a long way in front of the first film and I liked the first quite a bit. Strange but true: Aniston is way more do-able now than she was in her friends days.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Son of a Gun. Aussie crime actioner with a Swedish woman and Ewan McGregor. Surprisingly nice, even if it added nothing really new to the genre.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Possession, A Night in Nude: Salvation, Maps to the Stars and Borowczyk's Lulu so far this week. What was that song about sunshine, lollipops and rainbows?
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• What are you watching?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429837794.443753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	348212

First time I've seen it , there's really nothing I don't love about this movie

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429846190.282161.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	348213

Damn good flick, thumb's up to Dragon Dynasty's DVD.

Comment

• Star Trek, the 2009 reboot on Netflix. Got 10 minutes in before I had to turn it off. Such fucking garbage I almost couldn't believe it

Comment

• Gang Related
                  Awesome tv-show, that didn't get past 1 season sadly, about a cop with gang ties since childhood. Now he's torn between his old "family" and the cop team he works with to fight gang crime. Sickeningly violent (damn they get away with a lot these days) and consistently buttpuckeringly suspenseful every episode. Cliff Curtis steals the show completely as the gang boss who wants to get out and make a better, safer future for his loved ones. He's a nice, loving guy, but also a complete stone cold psycho when he has to be for business dealings. When a ruthless mexican cartel is looking to expand their territory into Los Angeles his empire starts to crumble. The final episode had me wishing for a second season but later found out online it's been cancelled. Too bad because this had potential for great drama the way they set up things in the final episodes. Great stuff only marred by the casting of RZA, who sucks in everything he's in. Stick to the hippity hop.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Slaves to the Underground (Kristine Peterson, 1997) - Interesting lesbian post-grunge/riot grrrl romance/drama/comedy??? Had it been released a few years earlier it might have gained a cult following but a closer looks reveals it to have been released at the perfect time in the sense that in 1997 "grunge" culture, or rather what the media termed "grunge" to be was essentially done so there was a whole group of people in their late teens/early 20's full of angst and radical politics but lacking any real identity which is really what this film is about, a group of confused yet idealistic young people who's intentions are pure but a bit misguided. Great soundtrack to boot!

Comment

• CARNOSAUR II (Louis Morneau, 1995). ALIENS with the actual dinosaurs. It's lovely to see kids playing and really using their imaginations: as much fun as a blanket fort and a flashlight. Steven Soderbergh, next time you've got a couple of hours to waste, get splicey on this. B+, we need more +.

Apparently it's on youtube:

Barry M
                      Super Fiend
                      Last edited by Barry M; 05-27-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• American Sniper Well made. Nicely acted. Good looking. Etc etc etc. I just don't get why I should care about anyone in it? Perhaps one needs to be american to get it. 2/5 toasters

The Gambler I realized halfway through that it was a remake. I still liked it more then I ought to. Very good choice of Music, and I liked the visual style. But you know.... I just didn't give a shit about any character in this one either. 3 out of 5 toasters

Comment

• Reclaim DTV thriller with Ryan Phillipe who looks very botoxed, and John Cusack, who looks like he is the least botoxed man in Hollywood. Not a good grade though, when I reach for the remote to fast forward 3 minutes in.

1.5 out of 5 toasters

Foxcatcher Comedy (???) about excentric rich man, wrestlers and their friendship. Confirms my oppinion that wrestlers (the hugging Olympic kind) are really weird homoerotic people.

3 out of 5 toasters
                          The Silly Swede
                          Last edited by The Silly Swede; 06-06-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• The Century Of The Self
                            Absolutely fascinating stuff on propaganda and
                            governmental/corporate control over us. Not only
                            fascinating but incredibly scary as well.
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• PCU (1994) - Still hilarious and scary in that in rings even truer now than it did back in the mid-90's. The biggest difference being nowadays the professional victim/PC whiners hide on the internet as opposed to actually protesting. "WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST! WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST!"

Comment

• BEYOND THE LIGHTS (Gina Prince-Bythewood, 2014)

Fine.

The DVD includes a brief, heartfelt elegy for boom operator Gary Theard: this was his last film.

Comment

Working...
                                X