No announcement yet.

What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inside (2007): Good horror flick. Has a bit of odd logic but you could chalk that up to the directors obvious Euro-Cult influences.

French Connection: Holds up really well. Everything about it feels realistic and surprise there's even a few shaky cam shots. But not done to excess like later action films. My only complaint is that the plot is a little hard to follow at times.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• TIMECRIMES (2007) - This Spanish time travel flick was a great example of how to do thought-provoking sic-fi on the ultra-cheap. A cast of 5 (if you count the lead actor's body double), 2 locations, and no special effects. Yet because the script was well thought out and brilliantly executed it never seems remotely limited.

Comment

• Kung FU Punch of Death
        Violent Professionals
        Frank and Tony

All off the Video Asia "Grindhouse Experience" set.

Comment

• The Trip (1967)
          Psych-Out (1968)

Enjoyed both, I think I liked Psych-Out a tad better. I really like these time-pieces on the "scene," especially the psychedelic music of the period. Check out this song from "Psych-Out," sounds like someone on acid spinning "Purple Haze" backwards!

Comment

• 23 PACES TO BAKER STREET - It's a shame Fox has ignored this film in the region 1 market, it's a great thriller. "Hitchcockian" is an overused term but it definitely fits here. Van Johnson is a blind playwrite in London who overhears a sinister plot in a pub and, unable to convince the police it's for real, he undertakes the investigation himself with the help of his butler and former fiancee (Vera Miles). This looks forward to several films, including WAIT UNTIL DARK and a couple gialli as well, particularly CRIMES OF THE BLACK CAT. The killer, in trenchcoat and hat, and stalking the fog-shrouded London streets, had to have influenced the Italians. Johnson and Miles have a great chemistry. Fantastic climax that is amazingly similar to the later WAIT UNTIL DARK. The Odeon dvd is well worth getting and quite cheap.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Freddy Vs. Jason - who will win? I can't tell you that for fear of spoilers. Fake tits! Ronny Yu makes everyone fly.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Freddy Vs. Jason - who will win? I can't tell you that for fear of spoilers. Fake tits! Ronny Yu makes everyone fly.
                .and he also manages to somehow stick in his love for the WWF style of fighting!!.Still like it though...entertaining is the word I would use to describe it!

Comment

• Schizo - If I had seen this before I obviously didn't remember it very well. The title kind of gives away the twist but it's well done and plenty gory for a British film, reaching almost Italian levels of screwy splatter at times. A cool cast and a great score.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hot Rod
                    Tucker & Dale vs Evil

Comment

• UNKNOWN...

Finally got around to watching this one....Now, I am a GREAT fan of TAKEN and Liam in full on ass-kicking mode......but this movie was let down by a "twist" in the story that I actually saw coming a mile off!!!

First half is actually pretty good build up..but by the end it had kind of wasted whatever it had to start with...If they had changed the direction of the SECOND half of the movie, could have been great...and Liam got into Ass-kicking mode FAR too late in the story!!

Comment

• DEAD MAN'S SHOES - fantastic British revenge film with Paddy Considine. Can't stop thinking about this one.
                        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• The Hole, Joe Dante's juvie-friendly horror. Probably too friendly: I don't know any kids who'd buy that horrors are vanquished when you face up to them. Real horrors eat your face, kids know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                            The Hole, Joe Dante's juvie-friendly horror. Probably too friendly: I don't know any kids who'd buy that horrors are vanquished when you face up to them. Real horrors eat your face, kids know that.
                            I don't know....I think Dante is being subversive again...HE figures if more kids try to face up their horrors, more of the little bleeders WILL be eaten!

Comment

• ARMOR OF GOS 2: OPERATION CONDOR - One of my favorites from Jackie Chan. Really funny, and never more than a few minutes before the next great stunt or fight scene. Really my only criticism of this one is that Jackie's appreciation of the wind tunnel was higher than mine -- that scene went on just a bit too long.

Comment

• Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - It's not as good as the Christmas movie but it's still pretty funny. Light viewing for an evening where I didn't feel like I had much of an attention span for something more serious. Boobs, weed, fart jokes and Neil Patrick Harris doing coke off of a stripper's ass. Gratuitous pube jokes, peeing on bushes. Really fucking stupid, now that I think about it. But still funny.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X