What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Hard To Kill - Steven Segal is Mason Fuckin' Storm and some corrupt politicians and cops and mobsters don't like him cause he can blow their deal wide open. They try to kill but they can't cause he's hard to kill. His wife is pretty easy to kill though. He gets hurt, goes into a coma for 7 years, grows a giant beard, wakes up, porks Kelly Lebrock, and then goes out for revenge. AWESOME.
    You can't knock early Seagal pictures....Also, the rumours about his life at the time added to his mystique.....

Today he is just a tubby, pony-tailed mumbler whose stand-in does most of the work...But I still have hope he will make another classic before he retires....

Comment

• Oh believe me, I'm not knocking them, I love early Segal stuff and still get a kick out of his later DTV crap too. I probably have 20 DVD/Blu-ray releases with his pudgy mug on the front. But I can recognize them for the cheese fests that they are.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cripes....Watching Seagal in BLU RAY on a BIG SCREEN would be AWESOME!!!

I think I actually took him seriously until around the GLIMMER MAN period ( he was walking the fine line in ON DEADLY GROUND though!!).....then it was straight into the cheese.....

PS. Just learned his middle name is Frederic and he is a spokesperson for PETA!! ! !!...

Comment

• Hard to Kill was fun. I would totally bid on Segal's ponytail on eBay.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• A BITTERSWEET LIFE - Dir. Kim Ji Woon (2005)

Still Lee Byung Hun's best role IMHO.

Comment

• That's a GREAT movie.

Last night... Total Recall. This one is still a lot of fun and most of the effects hold up very well with a few exceptions here and there. Arnold is good in the part despite his goofy facial expressions and awkward line delivery. I had forgotten how much I like this movie.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Mayday! Anita and Jill need help in Texas Canyon! Urgent!

SUMMER SCHOOL is the greatest film ever made. I was eating strawberry shortcake, and had to put it down, it was that good. Afterwards, I licked the plate.

Comment

• JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.

Comment

• First time watching CHUD: The scene with the extermination squad armed with flame throwers and a guy filming and the detective giving advice reminded me a lot of that scene in Aliens. I wouldn't put it past Cameron being inspired by this movie.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Intimate Affairs aka Investigating Sex (Alan Rudolph, 2002). Nick Nolte goatse.cx. Alan Cumming puppyse.cx.

Ghost in the Shell (Mamoru Oshii, 1995). Beautiful, and not total nonsense for cyberpunk: maybe more Debord's spectacles than Gibson's mirrorshades.

The Original Kings of Comedy (Spike Lee, 2000). Hahahaaa [pause] hahahahaa.

Accident (Pou Soi Cheang, 2009). Cerebral Rube-Goldberg contraption of karma & coincidence. The affectless rain & dust of the HK street canyonscapes look great on blu-ray.

Mortuary (Howard Avedis, 1983). Charming.
                      Barry M
                      Super Fiend
                      Last edited by Barry M; 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                        Ghost in the Shell (Mamoru Oshii, 1995). Beautiful, and not total nonsense for cyberpunk: maybe more Debord's spectacles than Gibson's mirrorshades.
                        Oshii never invoked Debord, he's gone on record that Goddard has been a major influence for him. I love Ghost in the Shell, it's an amazing achievement and in my top 10 of all time.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• The Island Of Lost Souls - Hadn't seen this since it was on TV when I was a kid and it holds up incredibly well I think. In terms of the theme, it's just as relevant, if not more so, than when it was made while the performances are great and the atmosphere is seriously deranged... and creepy. I LOVE THIS MOVIE!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Red Scorpion - well, I'm almost done watching it. I started watching it a few weeks back but didn't get to see the end. I don't know if this is considered a good movie or not, but I find it to be well done and enjoyable.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Caged Fury - A girl from Utah heads to California to make it in the movies, winds up getting set up and sent to a secret jail (Ron Jeremy is a guard) but not before she catches the eye of Eric Estrada who, along with a giant muscle guy with a mustache who hates shirts, decides to save her before she can be sold into white slavery. Pretty awesome, way, way sleazier than I expected something distributed by MGM to be.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Baby Boy (John Singleton, 2001). Great. Ving Rhames' ass-out egg-scrambling and squat-fucking is straight out of an Ice Cube FRIDAY movie, and the broadest comedy; Tyrese Gibson's quest to grow up and move out of his mom's house is funny too, as humiliatingly funny as AMERICAN PIE, but the stakes are so high nobody's quite laughing (future flashes of Jody beating Yvette, in prison, dead, or otherwise fucking up). Singleton makes Snoop Dogg look pretty great here: he's unnecessary, a villain ex machina, out of whack with the rest of the movie, and I dug it. I have no opinion on Frances Cress Welsing's work, but I think Singleton treats it seriously for serious comedy, and comes up with a movie that's wincingly universal. SPOILER: happy endings are great.

The Great Silence (Sergio Corbucci, 1968). Happy endings are great, and so was this. I should probably get the R2 Digital Classics dvd. It'd be nice to avoid Kinski's English dub, plus anamorphic & seemingly improved picture: http://www.criterionforum.org/forum/...php?f=5&t=9959 .

Comment

Working...
                                X