BBFC is to adjust sexual and sadistic violence policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From TWITCH..

details are a bit questionable to say the least. For the study, "35 people across London, Bristol and Dundee were asked to watch and comment on a number of recent controversial films that had either been passed uncut, cut or banned."

That seems like a fairly small sample size to make a statement about censorship for the entire UK as a whole, but never mind -- I got a C in statistics. What's even more troubling are some of the sample answers. As you may see from the link below, they range from ill-informed to borderline incoherent. My favorite is: "I am normally strict about what I consider acceptable, but while it is not acceptable, I was about to let it happen and I could watch it, so it might be acceptable."

Even more laughable is the fact that besides showing them entire films like Antichrist, The Bunny Game, and Martyrs, they also showed clips from movies including Hostel Part II, Sex and Zen -- Extreme Ecstacy and The New York Ripper. So much for the "context, tone, impact and overall message" stuff that they mentioned earlier. In any case, that maniacal laughter you just heard was probably Tom Six after adding three extra rape scenes to The Human Centipede 3 script.
    35 people were asked their opinion...and they think THAT reflects the WHOLE 60 +million people who live in the UK.......

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
      You may think it's funny ...but it IS actually SLOWLY creeping in....

At the local elementary school near here, they had HALLOWEEN dress up...But NO devils, ghost, grim reapers, axe murderers, Chucky's etc were allowed...They had to be "fun" and "inoffensive" and "not scary"..
      But that's like misunderstanding the whole fucken thing. They might as well call it costume day or clown day or some such. It's HALLOWEEN. DAY OF THE DEAD!! Jeezzz!!!!
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
        But that's like misunderstanding the whole fucken thing. They might as well call it costume day or clown day or some such. It's HALLOWEEN. DAY OF THE DEAD!! Jeezzz!!!!
        Sure...and its this kind of thing that makes teh kids grow up to have a weird set of standards...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
          Clown day would be scary and nightmarish...
          Long gone are the days when I was able to go to an halloween day at my high school disguised as Jason with a real machete and, to go overkill on the concept, a real axe too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
            Clown day would be scary and nightmarish...
            Long gone are the days when I was able to go to an halloween day at my high school disguised as Jason with a real machete and, to go overkill on the concept, a real axe too.
            i would go for a CLOWNDAY...like you said, be fuckin super scary and weird seeing all the different clowns in one place....Clowns creep me out enough already!!!

LOL...Kids today, don't know how lucky they are....When I was young I had to take a REAL machete to school for Halloween....not this fancy "retractable plastic" nonsense.....

Comment

At least they have Halloween. When I was a kid we had black & white television and NO Halloween.
              2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

I know it's a silly thing... but the rating board or the governement had nothing to do with it. The complaint came from Germany and I'll be surprise if the jury find him guilty of anything... I guess we can thanks the German sensibility for that waste of our money.
                The result is just as I said: The verdict was just released some minutes ago and the jury found Remy Couture not guilty of anything. In french and an english translation from google of the same article.

What a waste of money on stupid things... next time use that money to prosecute real crime and not make believe simulation. At least my fellow countrymen aren't as stupid as our lawyers.

Comment

I should think given the great waste of the taxpayers resources that all involved in this farce should, at the very least, be held financially accountable and forced to reimburse the taxpayers out of their pockets.

Comment

No chance it would happen, we are use to that in our province and at least it wasn't a big multi-millions dollars inquiry commission... but it's a given that the prosecuting lawyer will be call by his boss for a meeting and a blame will be put in his file. Even the police find that ridiculous as they said at the trial it was an obvious make believe job.

Just sad that Remy Couture had to spent money on a lawyer for a stupidity like this... at least the trial was short.

Comment

Hopefully another good thing to come out of this trial is that OTHER cases like this will get thrown out long before they reach the trail stage....So it's good that they had the trial and now have some kind of legal precident for defenders to quote when accused of similar things...

Comment

Yes it will have that as a result just like the 1968 obscenity trial against the African Ballet of Guinea troup made it legal to dance topless in the Province of Québec.

Comment

No chance it would happen, we are use to that in our province and at least it wasn't a big multi-millions dollars inquiry commission... but it's a given that the prosecuting lawyer will be call by his boss for a meeting and a blame will be put in his file. Even the police find that ridiculous as they said at the trial it was an obvious make believe job.

Just sad that Remy Couture had to spent money on a lawyer for a stupidity like this... at least the trial was short.
                          The police are just as complicit as the prosecutor for enabling this farce. Hopefully, some day people will wake the fuck up and reassert their rights over these criminally inept morons.

Comment

Working...
                          X