Clerks 3??....NOOOOoooooo!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerks 3??....NOOOOoooooo!!!!!

Considering I think that CLERKS is STILL a great movie....and that Clerks 2 was shit (apart from a few bits)...i ithink this is a move of desperation from Smith...

We really shouldn't be surprised by today's announcement from Kevin Smith that he'll be doing one more CLERKS film. I was discussing Smith's claims of pending retirement with someone earlier this week, and, based on his idea of revisiting the characters of Dante and Randal for CLERKS II at a point when he had something to say about life in his 30s, it didn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me that he might do something similar as he got deeper into his 40s.
    Although it would be nice to se The two main leads back together again....I don't want a glossy. cameo filled extended music video...Go back to low-fi Black and white like the original...

I actually liked Clerks 2 more than the first film.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Ugh. I fucking hate Kevin Smith to a degree that very, very few in pop culture match.

I really liked Clerks back in the day. But between the shitty sequel, the constant return to Jay and Silent Bob movies, the absolute abominations he's put out into the comic book world and his constant smug self-aggrandizement -- the dude can, to quote Louis CK, eat a bag of dicks.

So of course he's doing Clerks 3. He'll keep doing them as long as there is a dwindling fan-base to syphon money from.

Comment

As an aside; I thought he quit directing?
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          He keeps threatening this, I keep getting excited, and then it doesn't happen.

Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            That's what he said earlier in the year. I guess he wanted to focus on shitty reality shows and podcasts.

The best part of CLERKS 2 was Rosario Dawson getting her toes painted. Other than that...
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
              The best part of CLERKS 2 was Rosario Dawson...
              Yes.

I will still watch CLERK3. I have low expectations, but my requirements are even lower.

Comment

I liked Clerks. Haven't liked much else Smith has done, outside of Red State.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  I liked Clerks. Haven't liked much else Smith has done, outside of Red State.
                  Exactly......

Love the characters (as they were created in the first movie) but he has squeezed them dry (esp Jay and Silent Bob) to the point when they re not as "fresh" as they once were....

RED STATE was "interesting"......but not the great horror flick he was telling people it was.....

Comment

MALLRATS is the one that has stood the test of time best, I think. Interesting, I didn't much like it when it came out. Loved CLERKS, but now i find it to be mediocre. CLERKS 2 was such a piece of garbage....that Jackson 5 dance sequence irritates the shit out of me just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X