No announcement yet.

The Terminator Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic bump. I'm playing Terminator Resistance and it's a really good game.

Highly recommended. It's a love letter to the original two movies.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      Epic bump. I'm playing Terminator Resistance and it's a really good game.

I downloaded this and started playing it a while back. I thought it was very good, though some of the gameplay was a little clunky. I need to get back to it and complete it.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• August 29th. Todays Judgement Day. Best of luck fellas.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• It was fun while it lasted.
          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            August 29th. Todays Judgement Day. Best of luck fellas.
            23 years ago though, wasn't it?
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Epic bump. I'm playing Terminator Resistance and it's a really good game.

I think I may have to get this. I finished Last Of Us 2, went back to Mafia 3, and still didn't enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                23 years ago though, wasn't it?
                Ugh, of course it is. Taken in by a dodgy meme on Facebook.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  I think I may have to get this. I finished Last Of Us 2, went back to Mafia 3, and still didn't enjoy it.
                  They just added, for free, a mode where you can play as a T-800 and kill humans. Not sure when or if this is coming to the console versions.

Comment

They just added, for free, a mode where you can play as a T-800 and kill humans. Not sure when or if this is coming to the console versions.
                    Guess that's a done deal, then hahaha. The worst thing about being a console gamer is that I hate about 90% of console games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      Guess that's a done deal, then hahaha. The worst thing about being a console gamer is that I hate about 90% of console games.
                      It's pretty short. You can complete it in about an hour. The main campaign is roughly 8 hours. It was pretty fun tho. Plus there's this:

And there's even a minigun just like the one in T2. Only downside is that the human A.I. is dog shit. The A.I. for enemies in the main campaign is fine. They can be tricked to an extent but it seems like no effort was put into the human A.I. for this mode.

Comment

• Haha, sounds like Sniper Elite or whatever the game was that I played where you're in Italy. Put 7 large calibre shots into the brick wall a foot away from the guard while I was getting used to the controls, and the guard is like, "Huh??? Oh.....nothing."

Comment

• TERMINATOR 3 -- I had not seen since its original release until I caught it in a rare 35mm print big screen showing last month. It's more jokey than I had remembered. Arnold is spitting out one liners faster than Don Rickles at his peak.. Clare Daines is hapless in a poorly written role, and Loken is asked to do little but look hot. The big action sequence is in the middle leaving the ending to just sort of peter out. It does doevetail nicely with the first film in the series. This brings to mind the whole topic of sequels. Expectations play such a large part. Taken on its own, T3 is an OK mishmash of the first 2 films. BUT, coming after a pair of the most influential SF films of the 80s/Early 90s, it's a big letdown. Especially, considering that this wasn't a quickie B-Movie throwaway like in the old days of THE MUMMY'S HAND, HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, REVENGE OF THE CREATURE, RETURN OF THE FLY etc. There, you're expectations weren't as high (as well as the financial stakes, so sometimes you were pleasantly surprised at the outcome - ESCAPE FROM PLANET OF THE APES or FUTUREWORLD being a prime examples).

The money (reportedly over $180M) is there on screen, but the IDEAS of the first 2 films take a big backseat to MORE Explosions, MORE Action, MORE chases and MORE bad puns. Sorry, but the supposed "wit" I kept hearing about fell mostly flat to me. Too much of the script simply plays like a series of "We've got to recycle that" references and a recitation of studio notes to the writers. Boiled down, the film is almost a remake of T2 (the ever changing and expanding future Alternate Universes going along for the ride).

Still, I can't say it was truly awful or terribly boring. Just not essential.

Never have watched any of the three subsequent sequels. Missing much?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                            Missing much?
                            Nope, although I do enjoy Salvation as brainless action. The latest two were just dire: tired and lacking impressive spectacle. Plus, Arnold is so much more fun as a bad guy.

I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Nope, although I do enjoy Salvation as brainless action. The latest two were just dire: tired and lacking impressive spectacle. Plus, Arnold is so much more fun as a bad guy.
                              Thank you. Yeah, as I noted, Part III really does wrap it all back around to the beginning. After that finale, it just seems like an exercise in spinning wheels in order to keep "The Franchise" afloat.

Comment

• Missing much?
                                [/QUOTE]

Not really. Outside of T1 and T2, I thought all the sequels apart from Salvation, were OK. Salvation is a waste of talent, it could have been so good, but it wasn't, it's awful. Christian Bale just shouts and complains his way through the whole movie and someone should have mentioned to the makers that they were not trying to make a Transformers movie. If you want a movie version of the future world you see in the first 2 movies, you are sadly not going to get it. I liked Genesys, but I seem to be the only one and Dark Fate was OK, but thats the problem, it's OK. If you want good terminator action, watch the Terminator Sarah Chronicles TV series, that was awesome, but sadly, like many TV series, got cancelled on a cliff hanger. Gutting!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X