Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino Releasing Bwana Devil

Coming 7/30/24.

• Newly Restored in 3-D by 3-D Film Archive - From 4K Scans of the Original Left/Right 35mm Camera Negatives
    • 3-D Expert Mike Ballew Presents THE STORY OF BWANA DEVIL with Archival Images, Poster Art and On-Set Stereo Slides
    • Original 1952 BWANA DEVIL Intermission Snipe
    • M.L. GUNZBURG PRESENTS NATURAL VISION 3-DIMENSION - Original 1952 Prologue Featuring Lloyd Nolan, Shirley Tegge and Bob Clampett’s Beany and Cecil from TV’s TIME FOR BEANY
    • Includes 2D, Blu-ray 3-D and Anaglyphic (Red/Cyan) 3-D Versions with One Pair of Anaglyphic 3-D Glasses
    • 1953 2D Color Trailer for the 3-D Release
    • 1954 2D B&W Trailer for the Flat Release
    • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
    • Optional English Subtitles

Color 79 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated

The first feature-length 3-dimensional color motion picture in history, Arch Oboler’s eye-popping adventure tale Bwana Devil kickstarted the 3-D movie craze with a roar! When British railway workers in Kenya become the favorite snack of two man-eating lions, the head engineers (Robert Stack and Nigel Bruce) desperately try to cease the slaughter. Big-game hunters are summoned and a vicious battle between man and beast ensues—all in thrilling color and three astonishing dimensions! Filmed using Natural Vision Corporation’s groundbreaking stereoscopic system with the theory “that the 3-D cameras should see and record the scene exactly as the human eyes see it” (cinematographer Joseph F. Biroc), the legendary Bwana Devil now makes the leap from silver screen to home video, promising to put “a lion in your lap” and “a lover in your arms”!

Click image for larger version

Name:	445687105_887475960089500_8686399249632869494_n.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	611.6 KB
ID:	433093

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I preordered this! Really looking forward to it!

Comment

Is this any good? I assume it's about the Tsavo lions. I wasn't aware there was another film other than Ghost And The Darkness that tackled them.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I have never seen the movie and from what I have read it is decidedly bad but I am a 3-D film fanatic And the movie holds the significance of being the first colour 3D feature-length film made so I must have :)
        Anthony A
        Last edited by Anthony A; 05-27-2024, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          Is this any good? I assume it's about the Tsavo lions. I wasn't aware there was another film other than Ghost And The Darkness that tackled them.
          Not really, but it's watchable. I remember Robert Stack standing in front of a screen pretending that he's shooting lions.

Comment

Working...
          X