Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Package starring Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren Coming From Anchor Bay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Package starring Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren Coming From Anchor Bay!

Press release time - this is a pretty rad team up!

Get ready to rumble when Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren battle for... THE PACKAGE!

Beware of The German!

Coming to Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo Pack and DVD February 19th

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - Unrelenting action is the order of the day when superstars Steve Austin (The Expendables, Maximum Conviction) and Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables II, One In The Chamber) burn up the screen in Anchor Bay Films' bone-crunching action epic The Package, coming to Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo Pack and DVD February 19th. SRP is $29.99 for the Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo Pack and $26.98 for the DVD, with pre-book on January 23rd.

Directed by Jesse V. Johnson and written by Derek Kolstad, The Package features Austin as Tommy Wick, a nightclub bouncer and enforcer for Seattle crime boss Big Doug (Eric Keenleyside, Dreamcatcher, Firewall). When Big Doug instructs Tommy to hand-deliver a secret package to the mysterious international crime lord "The German," (Lundgren), he does so with the hopes that Big Doug will forgive the debt Tommy's brother Eddie (Lochlyn Munroe, White Chicks, Freddy vs. Jason) owes.

Word of the clandestine delivery spreads and soon "the package" - and those who carry it - becomes the target of rival gang leader Anthony (Michael Daingerfield, The Messengers). Anthony will stop at nothing to ensure its capture. Facing incredible odds, Tommy races against the ticking clock - and a small army of hit men, mercenaries, assassins and sadists -- to complete delivery. But does The German have other ideas about what to do with the package?

The Package
    Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo

Street Date: February 19, 2013
    Pre-book Date: January 23, 2013
    Catalog #:
    -BD59474
    -AF59472
    UPC:
    -DVD: 0 1313 25947-4 3
    -Blu-ray: 0 1313 25947-2 9
    Run Time: 95 minutes
    Rating: R
    SRP:
    -DVD: $26.98
    -Blu-ray: $29.99
    Format:
    1.78:1/16x9 1080p
    1.78:1/16x9
    Audio:
    -DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1
    -Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (Blu-ray(TM));
    Subtitles:
    English SDH, Spanish
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yes. I like what the trailer promises.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Looks good to me. More Dolph is always a good thing, imo :)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Lots of machine guns. And Dolph throws a table!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've only seen one of those DTV action movies that Steve Austin has made (THE CONDEMNED), which I enjoyed. Are any of the others worth tracking down?
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Maximum Conviction, the one he did with Seagal, was good. Not great but good as far as action/entertainment goes.

He also appeared with Danny Trejo in Recoil, which was fun if not particularly inventive.

I think he kinda peaked with The Condemned though.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I don't think MAXIMUM CONVICTION ever came out over here. I may import the US disc. Thanks for the tip, Ian :)

Comment

I like when Dolph plays the bad guy.
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    I like when Dolph plays the bad guy.
                    Me too.....mind you, bad guys are almost always more interesting than the good guys anyway!!!

Comment

Even in the Expendables... he's technically one of the good guys, but he's the asshole guy they make fun of. Sometimes the asshole role is just as fun as the bad guy with certain actors. I guess you're right though... I can't think of many actors that are good guys that I really love their films. Maybe with the exception of martial arts flicks because they're honorable but get to be as badass as the bad guys!

Has Dolph ever done an actual martial arts flick? He should have!
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Beyond Hollywood has posted a clip from this on their site here.

I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to say that I'm seriously looking forward to this. Corny as I'm sure it will be, there's no way this movie won't be a whole lot of fun.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I am also looking forward to this. I feel personally neglected though, as there is no release date in my country for it :(

Comment

You'll just have to import the US release then.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But region 1 is so tacky and cheap! Also, PAL-speedup saves me so much time! Several minutes per film, in fact!

Comment

Working...
                              X