No announcement yet.

The Warner Archive Blu-ray/DVD Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentioned in their latest newsletter is that KEY LARGO is coming to BD next month:

All month we've been co-sponsoring a selection of films starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall by getting to LA's Cinefamily a little early chilling their dark theatre with DJ Mean Mr. Mustard and lounging on the outside patio with refreshments. The next two entries are Delmer Daves' Dark Passage (1947) on 1/24 and John Huston's Key largo (1948) on 1/31 which is also coming to Blu-ray next month. Both presented in 35mm.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Brotherly Love and Melinda next week!
      Still, MUCH more excited about WOOLF blu. Glad they kept the Wexler commentary.
      The place where the roadhouse used to be in Southampton MA is now an OPA OPA Restaurant.

Comment

The Man with Two Brains just popped up for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744X518R..._7oUCzbKBNM5SJ

Comment

Blu-rays Announced at SDCC:
          The Hidden
          Innocent Blood (longer cut)
          Green Slime

Comment

GREEN SLIME is fun... Would've loved it if they had announced a GREEN SLIME/WILD, WILD PLANET double feature blu.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              Blu-rays Announced at SDCC:
              The Hidden
              Innocent Blood (longer cut)
              Green Slime
              Yes! Somebody just told me that the Hidden was screening theatrically again, I hoped that meant a new blu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                Yes! Somebody just told me that the Hidden was screening theatrically again, I hoped that meant a new blu!
                I just watched it again recently and it's such a good movie. Near-perfect, actually.

And INNOCENT BLOOD... finally.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

WAC announced at Wondercon that they are releasing Blu-rays of THE COLOSSUS OF RHODES and DARK OF THE SUN.

Comment

WAC has STRAIGHT TIME on BD this week. I didn't expect that! Love this film.

STRAIGHT TIME (1978, Blu-rayâ„¢) NEW 2021 1080p HD Master!

After years behind bars, Max Dembo faces Straight Time. He hopes it will mean a new life, a job, a place to call home, perhaps even a girl of his own. Instead, it's a one-way ticket to disaster. Dustin Hoffman plays Max, a freed con trapped by an indifferent criminal system and his self-destructive bent. Before and during the film's shoot, Hoffman apprenticed himself to Edward Bunker, the ex-con whose book No Beast So Fierce inspired the movie. The resulting experience is intensely real and superbly acted by Hoffman and a terrific ensemble (Theresa Russell, Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey, M. Emmet Walsh and Kathy Bates). As Newsweek's David Ansen wrote, Straight Time “has an edgy, lingering intensity.” , and Vincent Canby praised the film's cast in the New York Times saying “The film is beautifully acted by everyone, but especially by Mr. Hoffman.”
                    COLOR 16x9 1.85:1. WIDESCREEN
                    SPECIAL FEATURES: Commentary by Dustin Hoffman and Director Ulu Grosbard • Vintage Featurette Straight Time: He Wrote It for Criminals • Theatrical Trailer (HD)

They also just released THE NAKED SPUR and A NIGHT AT THE OPERA BDs. Good week for them.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I have a list of about 25 Warner Archive blurays I want, but I totally fucked up the last 4 for $44 sale before all their product was dumped onto Amazon. Still holding out to see if the same deal will ever sees the light of day in the new venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X