No announcement yet.

Cronenberg's Maps To The Stars (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cronenberg's Maps To The Stars (merged)

From the article here:

Another of Cronenberg's projects, Maps To The Stars, finally appears to have found the financing that has eluded it up to now. A script Cronenberg first attached himself to back in 2006, it's described as an "acerbic" look at fame in Hollywood.

"You could say it's a Hollywood film because the characters are agents, actors and managers, but it is not a satire like The Player," Cronenberg told Variety in 2009."Hollywood is a world that is seductive and repellent at the same time, and it is the combination of the two that makes it so potent."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Go, Dr. Decker, go!

Comment

Speaking of Cronenberg, I saw "A Dangerous Method" tonight and felt it was very very well made. I had almost given up hope on him after the turd that was cosmopolis, but he has swayed me back.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Cronenberg's Maps to the Stars (2014)

Anyone see the trailer for Cronenberg's new one?

I'm sure those that hated Cosmopolis will be hesitant to check this one out but its still Cronenberg so its bound to be more interesting that what most have going on. Cronenberg has even said that this was almost as hard a sell as Cosmopolis was so it'll probably be just as dividing.
        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I didn't really hate cosmopolis now that it has settled with me, I just didn't like it very much either. It was just.... meh. This however looks very intreaguing. Cusack is also a favorite of mine, and depraved assholes in Hollywood is a topic I feel Cronenberg can do wonders with.
          The Silly Swede
          Last edited by The Silly Swede; 05-05-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Didn't know there was already a thread for this. My bad.

I was one of the few that loved Cosmopolis. To me it kind of felt like eXistenZ by way of Naked Lunch and Crash. I loved how it seemed to occupy its own little self contained universe and found it oddly hypnotic in a way and the dialogue which everyone seemed to hate played a big part in that.

Comment

It's all good. I didn't know there was a trailer out for this either, so I'm glad you started it.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like a Cronenberg movie. That's all I ask of a Cronenberg movie these days. That doesn't give away much but its enough to get me to the cinemas.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Looks good, I'll watch this one.

Comment

Oh dear...TWITCH review in one sentence...

For the second film in a row, David Cronenberg has made a stinker.
                    http://twitchfilm.com/2014/05/cannes...g-the-way.html

But I guess from this review ...if you LIKED COSMOPOLIS.....then u wil probably like this one too....Me?...Not seen either yet?

Comment

New UK trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Still intreagued!

and I admit, I Watch John Cusack in anything.

Comment

Cosmopolis was interesting but felt sabotaged by Robert Pattinson (the man cannot act). This doesn't look too interesting and I'll wait and see what the consensus is before checking it out.

A shame he never got to do Painkillers.

I just want to see one more real body horror film by the man. Along with Evil Dead 4 (and not a fucking TV show), one more Peter Jackson gorefest, a genuinely good Argento film, a new Michelle Soavi horror film, and... fuck it, a good Punisher movie.

Oh, and David Lynch to film Ronnie Rocket. That about covers it.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Really good review from Mark Kermode:

Too bad this probably wont see a Stateside release until next year but I'm so in when it makes its way over here. Someone on another board said it had TIFF audiences squirming in their seats. I haven't been this excited for a new film since Killer Joe.

Comment

Some cool video from the NYC premiere here.

Nice to see this getting some good press.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X