No announcement yet.

Disney Buys Lucasfilm - New Star Wars Film Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool of him.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Good question.

Disney cares about money, first and foremost. They know the fans want the original cuts and I figure there's a better chance they'll put them out in decent editions than Lucas would on his own through Fox.

It could also mean current SW stuff will go out of print for a while.
      It'll be tricky though ... The rights to these films still belong to Fox.

Comment

I look forward to the RedLetterMedia reviews of the new films. That's what I'm most excited about.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I know that they're saying this new trilogy won't be adapted from any books but it would be a treat to get this scene in episode 7...

Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Top Ten Moments from STAR WARS:EPISODE VII:THE JEDI-DROID COMPULSION

10) Chebacca's adult son, WEBUS, gets job at ice cream parlor. Finds out on first day that he's been replaced by scoop droid, IC-PP. Cries, smokes pipe.
            9) Luke tells son, Duke, about days in swamp with Yoda. Camera pans to picture showing Luke and Yodum in hot tub with Bud Lites.
            8) Hank Solo and his son, Dan, go on SPACE TRIP in Mellinum Falcom. Stop at space brothel and DP sex droid, 80085.
            7) Princess Leia gives birth to son, Mitch. Mitch looks just like Chewbacca.
            6) Bobo Fett's son, JOE JETT FETT, is caught stealing power converters. Is sent to prison where he's raped by Jawas. Hangs himself.
            5) Yoda's son, Phil, tells Yopa's ghost that he's gay. Yopa's ghost hugs him.
            4) Bleep-Doit, C3PO's son, goes to droid college. Takes SPACE ACID and grows dreadlock rat tail.
            3) Jar-Jar Bink's half-droid son, Bink-182, joins senate. Has long, uneventful career. Dies in Sarlac pit.
            2) Jabba the Hut has a son named Jabba the BUTT. Get it?
            1) Death Star explodes.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Bink-182 is fucking hilarious and made me shoot Miller High Life out my nose when I read it. Now you owe me some Miller High Life.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                I know that they're saying this new trilogy won't be adapted from any books but it would be a treat to get this scene in episode 7...

SHOOTBACCA.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  SHOOTBACCA.
                  Looks like Chewie has been BUSHWOOKED.

Comment

I wonder if George finally watched the Mr. Plinkett prequel reviews and had an existential crisis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

So....now the rumors start wbout WHO will be taking care of EPISODE 7....

I'm hearing that Matthew Vaughn, the director of Kick-Ass, Stardust, Layer Cake, and X-Men: First Class, is in talks with Lucasfilm to helm Star Wars: Episode VII. My sources tell me this is the main reason he dropped out of the X-Men sequel (which Bryan Singer is now directing).
                      http://collider.com/star-wars-episod...5/#more-208715

Comment

Ford, Hamill and Fisher possibly interested in Star Wars return?

It doesn't surprise me that Hamill and Fisher might want to go back (their careers aren't on fire right now) but Ford's interest does. He doesn't need the career boost.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ford is what, in his 70's now? I'm sure he'd like to go out with a bang. Fisher hasn't done much but Hamil has done tons of voice acting since the early 90's. He's probably the 2nd best actor to play the Joker after Ledger (yeah, I said it).
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                            Ford is what, in his 70's now? I'm sure he'd like to go out with a bang. Fisher hasn't done much but Hamil has done tons of voice acting since the early 90's. He's probably the 2nd best actor to play the Joker after Ledger (yeah, I said it).
                            Right but live action stuff? Outside of Airborne, which kinda sucked, he hasn't done much. He's probably itching to get some screen time again - can't blame him. Could be a good opportunity for all three.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Those farts are too old to be given anything more than supporting roles. I expect them to be cast for fan service, but a bunch of kids and toys will be staring in these flicks.

Comment

Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm - New Star Wars Film Announced

They should start with a massacre.

Comment

Working...
                                X