R.I.P. Robert Blake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Robert Blake

Dead at 89. Dude may possibly have been a POS (and one of the worst Little Rascals) but he was is some great films.

Lost Highway is 100% my favourite movie. He was super creepy in that. Also dig Busting and Electra Glide In Blue.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

RIP ROBERT BLAKE.
      He certainly had a complicated life and he probably got away with one, but, what a ride he had.
      Originally a Little Rascal in the Our Gang series (as Mickey Gubitosi - his birth name) he kept acting as a child actor including a bit role in the classic TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE.
      Like a lot of child actors he had a hard time adjusting to being an adult. Blake took classes with the great Jeff Corey (who I had the pleasure of working with twice). His breakout was as a criminal in Richard Brooks' classic IN COLD BLOOD.
      TV called with his definitive role as Baretta, and later, Hell Town. His last major role was in David Lynch's LOST HIGHWAY - a perfectly creepy character.
      And, then.....we all know the story.
      At his best, Blake was a solid actor. Let's leave it at that for today.

Comment

Great actor, and his turn in LOST HIGHWAY is one of my favourite film roles, ever. His extra-curricular activities did sour me on him a fair bit. Still love that Mystery Man scene, though.

Comment

Working...
        X