Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. BERT I. GORDON - Mr. BIG at 100 years old. Amazing Colossal Man, King Dinosaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. BERT I. GORDON - Mr. BIG at 100 years old. Amazing Colossal Man, King Dinosaur

R.I.P. Mr. B.I.G.. Bert I. Gordon was considered by many to be the oldest American Director still alive. He has passed at the ripe old age of 100.

Bert was a maverick Indie filmmaker before many even used the term. He made his mark with his low budget independent productions in all kinds of exploitable films such as THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, BEGINNING OF THE END (giant grasshoppers), KING DINOSAUR, FOOD OF THE GODS, EMPIRE OF THE ANTS (with Joan Collins), NECROMANCY (starring Orson Welles) and for equality sake - ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE. He often did the SFX himself and operated the camera. A true jack of all cinema trades.

Amazingly Gordon kept working until his 90s with the little seen SECRETS OF A PSYCHOPATH. A good friend of mine worked as Gordon's assistant on his penultimate film, SATAN'S PRINCESS with Robert Forster. He had some interesting comments to make. I just informed him of his passing.

Nobody expected A List productions from Gordon, but, for generations of creature feature fans, he always provided 80-90 minutes of enjoybable B movies. The KING DINOSAUR episode of MST3K may be my favorite of all time.

All in good fun, MR. BIG!

THE MAD BOMBER is an all-time classic. RIP.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Village of the Giants was my favorite of his, but I enjoyed many others, and there are several I wish I could get my hands on. I think Bill from Code Red was going to release some; hopefully someone else will pick up where he left off.

Hoping Mr. Gordon's last years were healthy and pleasant.

Comment

Oh, this is sad! I loved his films and bought a few on DVD. His wife and daughter contributed to many of his films. Picture Mommy Dead is a personal favorite. I've been wanting to see his final film for a while, but never bothered to track down a copy. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
          Village of the Giants was my favorite of his, but I enjoyed many others, and there are several I wish I could get my hands on. I think Bill from Code Red was going to release some; hopefully someone else will pick up where he left off.

Hoping Mr. Gordon's last years were healthy and pleasant.
          Yeah, Bill did announce LET'S DO IT! before he passed away. It would be great if it eventually came out, as it's a bucket list title of mine (sorry).
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
          X