Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. RICOU BROWNING - Creature From The Black Lagoon, Thunderball, Mr. No Legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. RICOU BROWNING - Creature From The Black Lagoon, Thunderball, Mr. No Legs

RICOU BROWNING R.I.P.
    He will be forever known as the actor/stuntman who portrayed THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON in the underwater scenes*. In addition to the sequels, Browning also directed a couple of films including the bizarre MR. NO LEGS (yes, you can take the title literally!!). He also Directed second unit on THUNDERBALL, NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, CADDYSHACK and AROUND THE WORLD UNDER THE SEA.

* Ben Chapman on land

That's sad news. I saw Creature on TV when I was a kid, and I both loved it and was scared of it. I didn't know about his directing credits. Second unit on Caddyshack? Wow. R.I.P.

Comment

His name was one I first heard of in relation to Creature on the disc extras. When I first saw Mr. No Legs I did a double take, the same Ricou Browning?! Pretty varied and long career (Gentle Ben and Flipper!), his swimming style was certainly recognisable as the creature.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
      X