Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Stone Cold II : Heart of Stone' (1996)- Philippe Mora.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stone Cold II : Heart of Stone' (1996)- Philippe Mora.

What could be more desirable than lantern jawed, Brian Bosworth's Alpha-mongous 80s cult classic 'Stone Cold'?; well, outside of a bigger Johnson, and someone to appreciate it, frankly, very little springs to mind, but a belated, bizarrely undervalued sequel is a pretty gnarly start! Amiable ex-cop, Joe Elkhart (Brian Bosworth) is 'Back in Business', fatefully drawn into the murderous midst of an increasingly volatile undercover operation by close friend, Tony (Joe Torry), a slick cop whose brash, cavalier methodology precariously puts them both, dead bang in the exceedingly cross hairs of double-dealing killer cop, Emery Ryker (Brion James).

The budgetary constraints preclude any grandiose Lethal Weaponoid pyrotechnics, but gifted filmmaker, Philippe 'Howling II' Mora orchestrates a riotously entertaining PM Entertainment-style Buddy-Cop shoot 'em up that tantalizingly ticks many of the more agreeably bellicose B-Movie boxes! The immaculate screen villainy of, Brion James as corrupt, drug peddling cop, Ryker, and the charismatic, Joe Torry do much to enliven the familiar shenanigans, with the playful badinage betwixt affable lug, Bosworth, and perma-glib Torry providing some primo Dude-lord quipage. Fans of the classic Billy Blanks/Roddy Piper punch-fighter 'Back in Action' should definitely give, Philippe Mora's jocular actioner 'Stone Cold II : Heart of Stone' a shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	410285

What the hell? This exists?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      What he said.
      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I'm speechless. Stone Cold was a cheese classic. How did I not know this existed!!!

Comment

I am just as surprised as everyone else appears to be and will have to track this down!

Comment

It's possible that this is a phony sequel. It's known as BACK IN BUSINESS on imdb and the Boz's character is called Joe Elkhart (he was Joe Huff in STONE COLD). It looks like the only place it's called STONE COLD II is in Germany and the still on the cover is from STONE COLD. I smell a fraud!
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              Glad I wasn't the only one surprised. I love the original. How the hell did I not know this was a thing. I've even glanced at Bosworth's IMDB a couple of times.

Comment

Working...
              X