Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Dollar For The Dead' (1998) aka 'Un Dolar Por Los Muertos' - Gene Quintano.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dollar For The Dead' (1998) aka 'Un Dolar Por Los Muertos' - Gene Quintano.

Brooding Young Gun, Emilio Estevez is a taciturn treat as the Leone Wolf, lightning-fast, coffin-draggin' nameless outlaw in director, Gene Quintano's super stylish Spaghetti savoured shoot 'em up! Robust widescreen performances from, Ed Lauter, William Forsythe, Jonathan Banks, a rousing, playfully Morricone'd score by, George S. Clinton, bone dry badinage, an abundance of slo-mo bullet-blasted action makes the entertainingly rough n' tumbleweed 'Dollar For The Dead' (1998) worth its weight in gold! While this is quite plainly a loving tribute to maestros, Sergio Corbucci and Sergio Leone, Quintano's witty, hugely likeable western has a dynamite personality all of its very own, and it was additionally lovely to see Euro-cult legend, Simón Andreu as slick hombre, Akers. A feature-packed Blu-ray restoration of this kinetic western is LONG OVERDUE as its ignominious relegation to bargain-binned DVD collections is wholly undeserved!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	408025

From the director of LOADED WEAPON 1? Sign me up!
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I quite liked this back in the day of VHS. I feel a revisit is in order.
      The Silly Swede
      Last edited by The Silly Swede; 01-18-2023, 04:06 PM.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
      X