RIP Ruggero Deodato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ruggero Deodato

Can't say I'm surprised by this, he looked awful in the new 88 release Cannibal Holocaust extras. That film is a classic which elevates him above most Italian genre directors, he did some good films but also a lot of average to poor ones. Certainly a complex character who liked to change his mind a lot depending on the audience and changing times. There aren't many key figures of that era around these days. RIP.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

He was such a strange personality. I loved his arrogance and quite a few of his films. RIP.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Sorry to hear that another great has passed, RIP.

Comment

Sad news. I like most of his films, obviously CH, but I've watched CUT AND RUN numerous times and I've really warmed up to RAIDERS OF ATLANTIS since the Severin Blu-ray came out. LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN is one of the great poliziotteschi films of the 70s. RIP to an intersting filmmaker who had a nicely varied filmography.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. A very complex character to say the least, but he made some amazing films. RIP
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Was trying to think of a second film from him she would know,Finally realized years ago after I warned her she watched House on the Edge of the Park off the old Brentwood dvd. Which I think was a laserdisc rip.

But dude put out some entertaining movies. Sucks he passed.

Comment

My personal favourite of his films is The Barbarians. RIP.

Comment

I'm a fan of "Phantom of Death". YouTube has the UK DVD rip, which is time-compressed, and I'll be waiting forever for an upgrade shown at the correct speed. RIP.

Comment

Unlike most posters here (I'm assuming), Deodato's most (in)famous movies aren't really my cup of tea, but I love 'Raiders of Atlantis' and 'Cut & Run', and all of his films are united by a sense of simply not giving a fuck what anyone thinks, which is a rare and valuable thing in a filmmaker - RIP.
                  https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                  http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's a shame that he had so few opportunities to make movies after the Italian film industry collapsed. Ballad in Blood (2019) is excellent and The Washing Machine (1993) is a favorite of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                      It's a shame that he had so few opportunities to make movies after the Italian film industry collapsed. Ballad in Blood (2019) is excellent and The Washing Machine (1993) is a favorite of mine.
                      Agreed about THE WASHING MACHINE. Haven't seen BALLAD IN BLOOD...will have to remedy that.

Comment

MSN actually covered this. Did not see that coming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cE?ocid=msedgn

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                          Haven't seen BALLAD IN BLOOD...will have to remedy that.
                          If nothing has changed, avoid the version on Amazon Prime Video, as it's pretty cut up. The print I watched on Tubi TV had lots of additional stuff and seemed to be much more complete. (Of course, it's also available on disc, so you may choose to just buy it outright.)
                          VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post

If nothing has changed, avoid the version on Amazon Prime Video, as it's pretty cut up. The print I watched on Tubi TV had lots of additional stuff and seemed to be much more complete. (Of course, it's also available on disc, so you may choose to just buy it outright.)
                            Thanks Lorne!

Comment

Working...
                            X