Pretty Baby Blu-ray from Imprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Baby Blu-ray from Imprint

Pretty Baby on Blu-ray… would’ve never thought that would happen. Definitely a movie that couldn’t be made today! Haven’t seen it in ages but I remember liking it.

I remember the film being kind of mediocre, but I will buy it just because I like the idea of films like this being released on blu.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Kino just announced that they have this in the works for a release this year taken from a new 4k scan of the negative.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Kino just announced that they have this in the works for a release this year taken from a new 4k scan of the negative.
        I would guess this is coming out to coincide with the Brooke Shields doc that's also coming out this year.
        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony A View Post
          Pretty Baby on Blu-ray… would’ve never thought that would happen. Definitely a movie that couldn’t be made today! Haven’t seen it in ages but I remember liking it.
          I know it's "legal" to to do so, but, yes, I am kind of surprised that they are re-releasing it in this day and age. I went to a screen of VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS several years back. And, there was a very awkward silence during the girl's nude scenes. You could almost hear people talking under their breaths: "Should we be watching this?!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post

I know it's "legal" to to do so, but, yes, I am kind of surprised that they are re-releasing it in this day and age. I went to a screen of VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS several years back. And, there was a very awkward silence during the girl's nude scenes. You could almost hear people talking under their breaths: "Should we be watching this?!!!"
            I was watching TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER recently and thought that same thing in the final reel. It's also odd to think about the Continental VHS big box with a lingerie clad Natassja Kinski as the selling point.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post

I was watching TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER recently and thought that same thing in the final reel. It's also odd to think about the Continental VHS big box with a lingerie clad Natassja Kinski as the selling point.
              Totally different era. Watched NIGHT MOVES on TCM recently with a fully nude Melanie Griffith at 17. The filmmakers would never work in Hollywood again if done today

Comment

The most risque film that I have ever seen in theatre would have to be Maladolescenza (1977). I was traveling abroad (a wee lad at the time) with my cousins and we decided to take in a movie. None of us spoke the language (I'm not even sure what country we were in at the time) and I am not even sure what movie we paid to see but when it ended we snuck into another cinema. None of us knew what we were getting ourselves in to! I had already been exposed to adult material (films and magazines) and the actors in the movie were actually a little older than me so I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time.

Now that's a movie that will never get a Blu-ray release. I doubt that it was ever released on home video at all. I have even wondered from time to time if it was banned at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony A View Post
                  The most risque film that I have ever seen in theatre would have to be Maladolescenza (1977). I was traveling abroad (a wee lad at the time) with my cousins and we decided to take in a movie. None of us spoke the language (I'm not even sure what country we were in at the time) and I am not even sure what movie we paid to see but when it ended we snuck into another cinema. None of us knew what we were getting ourselves in to! I had already been exposed to adult material (films and magazines) and the actors in the movie were actually a little older than me so I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time.

Now that's a movie that will never get a Blu-ray release. I doubt that it was ever released on home video at all. I have even wondered from time to time if it was banned at some point.
                  I believe there was a very early Japanese DVD (must have been fogged - the only acceptable way to watch this in my opinion) and a German DVD from X Rated which was effectively banned by a change in German law (I think it became illegal to own it, apparently there was much angst from owners of it whether to destroy their copy or keep it).
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post

Watched NIGHT MOVES on TCM recently with a fully nude Melanie Griffith at 17. The filmmakers would never work in Hollywood again if done today
                    Melanie had a topless scene in Smile as well.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

I believe there was a very early Japanese DVD (must have been fogged - the only acceptable way to watch this in my opinion) and a German DVD from X Rated which was effectively banned by a change in German law (I think it became illegal to own it, apparently there was much angst from owners of it whether to destroy their copy or keep it).
                      Holy cow! I would've never guessed that it had been released on DVD!

Comment

Working...
                      X