LEGEND OF CONAN....with ARNIE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGEND OF CONAN....with ARNIE!!!

Not sure how much to believe this news....but if its true I hope they di it right!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/arnold-...210752780.html

The Legend of Conan not only skips over that (newest) film, but also the 1984 sequel that Schwarzenegger starred in. The direct link is to the original, which was directed by John Milius from a script he wrote with Oliver Stone. That was a testosterone-laced exploration of Howard's mythology of a child sold into slavery who grows into manhood seeking vengeance against the warlord who slaughtered his family and his village.
    “After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me,” Morgan said. “Robert E. Howard's mythology and some great philosophy from Nietzsche to Atilla the Hun was layered in the original film. P
    Said Schwarzenegger: “I always loved the Conan character and I'm honored to be asked to step into the role once again. I can't wait to work with Universal and the great team of Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan to develop the next step of this truly epic story.”

I would be up for this, assuming it's true. He's getting a little long in the tooth for this though.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

He doesn't have that much more time before he's too old. 65 is pushing it. But no one wants to see a Terminator in his 70's. That said, get John Milius involved and I'll watch it.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        He's getting a little long in the tooth for this though.
        Not if they do it later in Conan's life...when he is a lot older...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
          Not if they do it later in Conan's life...when he is a lot older...
          Which is, I believe, the premise. They're going to go for some later in life King Conan action I think - which could potentially be pretty great. I think Arnold is at the right age for the role at this point.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Why do hollywood seem so hot for making new films from franchises that have recently totally bombed? Is this really good business practice?
            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I like to think that it is people who saw the originals when they were younger are now high up in movie studios and want to see sequels to the original movies DONE PROPERLY.....So they want to ignore the sequels and directly follow the original ....I seem to feel this with the new CHAINSAW movie too.....something that the peopel who did the new Conan just didnt get...

It seems like the guy producing this one knows what made the first one work...and what didnt in the sequels....and hopefully he is going to finish this series with Arnie on a HIGH..and give people what they have been waiting many years to see....

...but if that is exactly what happens has yet to be proven!!!

Comment

...but if that is exactly what happens has yet to be proven!!!
                I thought you were going to end with "But that is another story."
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Arnie has just confirmed that this is DEFINITELY moving forward for next year...and that they are close to choosing a director!

Lets not balls this one up !!

Comment

Arnie has just confirmed that this is DEFINITELY moving forward for next year...and that they are close to choosing a director!

Lets not balls this one up !!
                    Indeed. This could be THE definitive Conan movie if done right.

Comment

LEGEND OF CONAN....with ARNIE!!!

This could be THE LION IN WINTER of action films.

Matter of a fact, Connery should do a cameo as Conan's long lost uncle! And yes I did the math - with a 17 year age gap it's plausible.

Comment

Go ahead and laugh if you wan't to, but I nominate Chris Columbus, or Alfonso Cuarí³n, or Mike Newell for director because they did good work on the Harry Potter films.

Please Arnie don't turn it over to the Abrams / Jackson / Singer / Soderberg-type crowd.
                        "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                        - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Clint Eastwood should direct this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                            Why do hollywood seem so hot for making new films from franchises that have recently totally bombed? Is this really good business practice?
                            It bombed because the idea of a Hawaiian Conan was not only moronic, but insulting.

Comment

I've always hoped they'd make this movie. I also hope they get a grown up director and not some midget.
                              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Working...
                              X