Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	406251

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	406250
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw it in the cinema. It was all right. Very pretentious, but fun even if a bit obvious.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I thought it was grand. I didn't know anything about it all going in. At first I was annoyed that it was another story poking fun at the folibles of the very rich. There must be a lot of guilt and self loathing in Hollywood circles at the moment... I don't know but it feels like very tired territory at this point. However, the reveal of what's going on is a lot of fun. Cast nail it. Ralph Fiennes gives his best performance, Hoult is always funny and Taylor Joy just has such an unusual skull that it's a pleasure to look at it.

I don't want to give spoilers, and so its a little awkward to comment on, but I think the scheme Taylor Joy settles on to attempt to escape is one of the most unique and satisfying I can remember in a horror movie.
      Last edited by Dom D; 01-14-2023, 10:18 PM.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I second Dom here - my wife and I watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Once things really get rolling they escalate very nicely, there’s some great lines, and Fiennes, Hoult, and Taylor-Joy all knock it outta the park. And, yes, the finale is very satisfying. Certainly recommended, especially if you can fire it up on a streaming service you’re already paying for instead of a seperate purchase or rental.

Comment

Watched this last night and can only echo what the rest of you are saying - this was really good and it went in some really surprising directions at times. The Swede is right, it was pretentious, but that was kind of the point I think, it totally worked in the context of the story. Great acting from all involved (weird seeing Judith Light in this!), really strong cinematography and production values and, yeah, the ending worked really well.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I enjoyed it. Some amazing performances in this film, and I think I can say that it's the first time that I haven't wanted to strangle Judith Light on sight.

Comment

Working...
            X