X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

This looks like a video game to me.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I was wondering why Spielberg's name wasn't mentioned and it's because James Mangold directed it. Strange that he'd pass the torch for what is no doubt the final installment with Ford.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

JUNIOR!!!!! ... you dropped your dentures.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        I was wondering why Spielberg's name wasn't mentioned and it's because James Mangold directed it. Strange that he'd pass the torch for what is no doubt the final installment with Ford.
        Plenty of fun rumours as to why! Lots of talk of how troubled the production has been and test screenings of multiple endings.

I can only image how bad the script was if he thought Crystal Skull was a worthy project and this wasn't. It's supposed to set up a new tv series as well, one rumour being that might be with the Fleabag actor (forgot her name) who has not gone down well in test endings. Probably just bullshit considering how fanboys wail on anything Lucasfilm does these days.
        agent999
        Last edited by agent999; 12-02-2022, 11:02 AM.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

They definitely shouldn't have made this and I will definitely see it. It looks sort of fun, no?
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            It's supposed to set up a new tv series as well, one rumour being that might be with the Fleabag actor (forgot her name) who has not gone down well in test endings. Probably just bullshit considering how fanboys wail on anything Lucasfilm does these days.
            Replacing Ford with Waller-Bridge would be a serious case of man-boy fanboi baiting. I'd almost like to see it just for the incel rage it would incite. Though, as above, they definitely shouldn't do it and I will definitely watch if they do.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Witless, bombastic CGI nonsense.... did they learn nothing from '..Crystal Skull'?!

Well, I suppose it probably made money even though everyone on earth hated it - so here we go with more of the same.

Honestly, it saddens me that Indiana Jones (as embodied by Ford) is such a great character, there is so much potential for making great movies about him... and yet every film since 'Raiders..' has so totally ballsed it up. [Ok, I know '..Last Crusade' had its moments, but it's too jokey & silly to really hold up to repeated, grown up viewing.]

Also, I'll be interested to see how they manage to crowbar nazis, VJ day celebrations and '40s fashions into this one, given that, assuming the character has aged in real time along with Ford, it should be set in the 1980s..?
              BW Haggar
              Last edited by BW Haggar; 12-03-2022, 11:36 AM.
              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                Witless, bombastic CGI nonsense.... did they learn nothing from '..Crystal Skull'?!

Well, I suppose it probably made money even though everyone on earth hated it - so here we go with more of the same.

Honestly, it saddens me that Indiana Jones (as embodied by Ford) is such a great character, there is so much potential for making great movies about him... and yet every film since 'Raiders..' has so totally ballsed it up. [Ok, I know '..Last Crusade' had its moments, but it's too jokey & silly to really hold up to repeated, grown up viewing.]

Also, I'll be interested to see how they manage to crowbar nazis, VJ day celebrations and '40s fashions into this one, given that, assuming the character has aged in real time along with Ford, it should be set in the 1980s..?
                Time travel supposedly. Romans... I hate these guys.

Comment

Time travel supposedly. Romans... I hate these guys.
                  Do we have an OH FOR FUCKS SAKE emoji?

I was going to add "please don't tell me he goes back in time" to my earlier post as a gag, but never thought they'd actually go there.

You know what? I would so much rather watch a vaguely real world-set movie with a septuagenerian Indiana Jones hanging around in the '80s. He could be smuggling some ancient artifact from under the noses of the Sandinistas and dodging the CIA in Nicaragua, or tangling with the commies in the Russian-Afghan war, or who knows what else... great stories for the guy just write themselves, but we're never going to get them through this kind of crap.
                  https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                  http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Indiana Jones and the Stench of Failure

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                      He could be smuggling some ancient artifact from under the noses of the Sandinistas and dodging the CIA in Nicaragua, or tangling with the commies in the Russian-Afghan war, or who knows what else...
                      Then youd have the audience sitting there going 'arent these Mujahideen just Taliban? Where's the good guys?' Indy is a comic book character, he needs the clarity of storytelling that you only get with good, honest Nazis.

and yet every film since 'Raiders..' has so totally ballsed it up.
                      I think Last Crusade might be my favourite and Temple Of Doom has aged extremely well. I hated it when I was a kid. Seemed unnecessarily dark. It's a very enjoyable watch now though. I enjoy the ickiness of the bugs, the strangeness and it has some great set pieces. Even Crystal Skull had a lot of good stuff that unfortunately got swamped in crap cgi.

Comment

BTW The Dial Of Destiny may be the worst title of all time.

Comment

So it's not a sequel to The Pick of Destiny? The Dial of Destiny goes one louder.

Comment

So it's not a sequel to The Pick of Destiny? The Dial of Destiny goes one louder.
                            If only.

Then again, I think Harrison Ford is a bit old to manage to do a cock push-up anymore.

Comment

The title of this sounds like an episode of that show The Librarians.

Comment

Working...
                              X