Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘During One Night‘(1961) aka ‘Night of Passion’ - Sidney J. Furie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘During One Night‘(1961) aka ‘Night of Passion’ - Sidney J. Furie.

Gifted workhouse director, Sidney J. Furie's palpably bizarre wartime morality play about an especially 'sensitive' captain in the USAF, and his singularly fraught Journey to lose his virginity before a final bombing run, climaxes awkwardly after a series of uncommonly strange happenings! 'During One Night' is demonstratively not great cinema, yet it is, arguably, not an objectionable one either, since it fortuitously errs all-too tantalizingly into proto-John Waters, Ed. Wood Jr. WTF territory. With only a modicum of irony, I earnestly claim that it merits a cautious recommendation for those twisted cineastes who savour the more esoteric elements of forgotten cinema! And, Holy Bromide!!! For the not-yet swinging 1961s, the weirdly didactic potboiler proved to be a remarkably racy one; and should anyone have longed to witness eternal English Rose, Susan Hampshire desultorily disrobing during a 'romantic' tryst in a bucolically-imagined, salaciously straw-slathered studio/barn, well, needfully yearn no longer, because Furie delivers said frisson-inducing titbit with a laudable lack of taste!

While Sidney J. Furie's moderately compelling cinematic oddity, 'During One Night '(1961) aka 'Night of Passion' remains a curate's egg, and stodgy lead actor, Don Borisenko, is stultifyingly imbued with all the electrifying screen presence of day-old semolina pudding, miraculously, the pleasantly naive drama's inadvertent lapses into wholly unexpected mondo movie eccentricity proved fitfully amusing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	405337

Click image for larger version

Name:	7186106227825593040.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	405338

I remember seeing this about 10 - 12 years ago and I don't recall anything particularly salacious about it. I'll have to give it another look after your review Weirdlingwolf. I think Furie directed The Boys before this one, which is a pretty good British delinquent pic. and would make a good double-bill with Where has Poor Mickey Gone?

Comment

Working...
    X