RIP George Barry (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darcy,

The account shows as approved on my end so I'm not sure what happened there. Happy to look into it for you more if you'd like, just email me via the contact page.

Your dad was a GREAT guy. I never met him in person, but had known him online for probably close to 20 years at this point and can't say anything but kind words about the man. He was always a pleasure to deal with and a welcome presence on this board and it won't be the same without him.

I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected over the holidays, and by all means, please feel free to chime in here any time you like.

-Ian
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Darcy, I hope you will drop in here now and then. I have lost both my parents, so I can understand a bit about what you and your loved ones are going through. It's even tougher at the holidays. I hope you'll consider us your extended family and keep in touch. I had the highest regard for your dad and still miss him. Such a kind, gentle man. I will treasure the memories of interacting with him here and previously at DVD Maniacs. I wish I could have met him in person. Take care.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

He really was a warm human being and we will miss him too.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Very sorry for your loss, Darcy. Thank you for coming here and posting this.

Comment

Darcy,

I'm so sorry about your father's passing. He was certainly loved here. We are truly lucky to have known him and are extremely grateful to you for letting us know about his passing. This is a fairly close-knit group (for better or worse, haha) and when someone disappears they are missed and many questions are left unanswered. His wanting us to know just shows what a sincerely caring person he was.

We hope you will stick around and post as often as you like!

-Alison
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Hi Darcy,

The account shows as approved on my end so I'm not sure what happened there. Happy to look into it for you more if you'd like, just email me via the contact page.

Your dad was a GREAT guy. I never met him in person, but had known him online for probably close to 20 years at this point and can't say anything but kind words about the man. He was always a pleasure to deal with and a welcome presence on this board and it won't be the same without him.

I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected over the holidays, and by all means, please feel free to chime in here any time you like.

-Ian
              Hi Ian, looks like my account is approved, I just overlooked the email. Thanks again ❤

Comment

Hi Darcy, so sorry for your loss and welcome to the boards! I'm a great admirer of your dad's singular film DEATH BED and I was always curious about another project of his, called NIGHT OF THE GARBAGE. Although I was too shy to ask your dad about it, I was wondering if you could share anything about it that you may know (or footage you may have seen).
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Barry View Post

Hi Ian, looks like my account is approved, I just overlooked the email. Thanks again ❤
                  Glad to hear it, thanks for confirming!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    Hi Darcy, so sorry for your loss and welcome to the boards! I'm a great admirer of your dad's singular film DEATH BED and I was always curious about another project of his, called NIGHT OF THE GARBAGE. Although I was too shy to ask your dad about it, I was wondering if you could share anything about it that you may know (or footage you may have seen).
                    Hi Matt,
                    Unfortunately I've never seen any footage of Night of the Garbage. My dad had long lost/misplaced the footage. It actually would be an incredible find if we ever come across it.

What I know about Night of the Garbage is this: it was a student project during dad's Montieth/Wayne State days. It was a short film, how "short" I'm unsure. The jist of it is that a man comes to find that his garbage has become animated/alive. This guy's friends soon discover that they actually enjoy the company of the animated garbage more than they actually like this guy. The film ends with the dude coming home to find the garbage in bed with his girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Barry View Post

Hi Matt,
                      Unfortunately I've never seen any footage of Night of the Garbage. My dad had long lost/misplaced the footage. It actually would be an incredible find if we ever come across it.

What I know about Night of the Garbage is this: it was a student project during dad's Montieth/Wayne State days. It was a short film, how "short" I'm unsure. The jist of it is that a man comes to find that his garbage has become animated/alive. This guy's friends soon discover that they actually enjoy the company of the animated garbage more than they actually like this guy. The film ends with the dude coming home to find the garbage in bed with his girlfriend.
                      I would totally pay to see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X